Notices

Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
lambstone
Enthusiast
lambstone began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Marking Books as Read in Bulk

Hey guys,

I'm using Calibre as my library manager and prior to owning a Glo, I read plenty of books on my tablet.

Now I'm trying to mark my read books as read on my Glo but I can't figure out how to do so. Preferably in bulk.

Any help?
lambstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Use the Kobo Utilities plugin for calibre.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
lambstone
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Use the Kobo Utilities plugin for calibre.
So I simply select the books that I want to mark as read and it marks those selected books as read?

Or does it mark everything on my device as read?
Old 04-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Read the documentation and experiment.

Two means of doing it; one is Store/Restore current bookmark. Books will be set to Finished if the associated % read column in calibre is 100%.

Other means is via use of the Change Reading in device library function.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
lambstone
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Read the documentation and experiment.

Two means of doing it; one is Store/Restore current bookmark. Books will be set to Finished if the associated % read column in calibre is 100%.

Other means is via use of the Change Reading in device library function.
So in other words you have some idea but are not too sure about it?

Thanks anyway. I'll poke around.
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Mate; I use the Store/Restore option ALL the time. However, for your purpose the other option MIGHT make more sense.

I can't experiment right now and hold your hand as I'm doing a full reload of my Glo using Store/Restore option.

However everyone works in different ways.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #7
itsmir
Enthusiast
itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.itsmir 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
To bulk change reading status on the Glo I would do the following:-

1. Install Kobo Utilities in Calibre
2. Configure Kobo Utilities as per the help file
3. Plug in device
4. Highlight books you wish to update in Calibre
5. In the Kobo Utilities dropdown select "Update metadata in device library"
6. In the dialogue box that pops up you will have the option to change the reading status to Unread, Reading or Finished.

This updates the books on the device and the next time you connect to Calibre, kobo utils will update the 'Percent read' field.

Hope that helps
itsmir is offline   Reply With Quote