Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Weird battery problem

On the lock screen of Kindle Fire HD 7, I have what I assume is a low battery indicator (big outline of a battery with red low battery indicator). I have used a plain old Kindle power adapter to charge my old Kindle fire (not hd) in the past but it did not work with the HD. I have no other message except for the battery outline with the red low battery line. It won't turn on. Is the Kindle charger not adequate for the Fire HD or is there somehting else wrong? I will have to drive miles out of my way tonight to get the Fire charger from my house and I'd rather know now if this is some kind of disaster that getting the Fire charger won't fix.

If this is another problem, I'm all done with the Fires, it's my 3rd replacement and there is just always something wrong!!
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Did I mention that I needed to use the KFHD as my alarm clock right now and since it won't charge, I wake up about every 10 minutes to make sure I haven't overslept. Just thought I'd throw that in there. GRRRRRRR
Advert
Old 06-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Did I mention that I needed to use the KFHD as my alarm clock right now and since it won't charge, I wake up about every 10 minutes to make sure I haven't overslept. Just thought I'd throw that in there. GRRRRRRR
Have you tried using your cell phone (if you have one) as your alarm clock? Cell phones can be set so an alarm goes off at a particular time and can be fairly loud.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
iPatty
Zealot

LOL, thank you! I was just so flippin' tired, I didn't think of that. I will do that tomorrow!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
LOL, thank you! I was just so flippin' tired, I didn't think of that. I will do that tomorrow!
You're quite welcome. I just thought of it not long ago as a way to keep track of when to test my blood sugar after meals.
Advert
Old 06-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #6
iPatty
Zealot

It's not the charger. I am sooooo done with Kindle.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
It's not the charger. I am sooooo done with Kindle.
You've verified that it's not the charger by using a Kindle Fire HD charger? Then is it the device itself? How did you verify that it's a device issue? Have you contacted Amazon customer service about options (warranty, replacement, fixes, etc)? Not sure why you're "done" with Kindle, but I hope you've explored all your options before writing it off

Last edited by KimberlyFDR; 06-25-2013 at 09:54 AM.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #8
iPatty
Zealot

I have verified that it is not the charger by using 3 different Fire chargers. Amazon is sent me another Fire HD (again). This is the last one. I love the Fires but at some point I have to stop loving them if they have to be replaced over and over and over. I'd like to have something that works, like all the time. I do have a 10 inch Samsung Galaxy that does work all the time and has never needed to be replaced but it is too big for me. Perhaps a Galaxy 7 inch is the way to go. I'm a little disgusted.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Sounds like you won the booby prize from among the Kindle Fire's. I've heard of there being a run of bad luck with other Kindles as well in the past where someone will buy one and it turns out to be defective so they get it replaced and the replacement has the same problem. They make so many I guess it has to happen that some of them have defects but it is just pure bad luck to get three in a row with problems. I remember when I accidentally broke my original K3 it was out of warranty but I got a replacement at a lower cost (probably refurbished) and that one worked for a short while before something got messed up in the OS so that it stopped working. That one was still under warranty so I got it replaced with no problem. The replacement for the replacement is still working fine (when I use it). I read more on my PaperWhite now but keep the K3 as a backup.

Last edited by crich70; 06-27-2013 at 02:41 AM.