Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
Covers & "Personal" tag - Kindle PW

I've experimented with various ways of sideloading books to my new Kindle PW (using the "send to" button in Calibre, and also just dragging the book file to the kindle's documents folder), and I can't get covers to show on the home page (even though if I press and hold on a book to get options, it shows the cover there). The good news is that the covers show when I email the same book files to my kindle via Amazon. Downside is that they get the "Personal" label/banner over part of the cover. Amazon is obviously flagging them somehow, but I don't see how. Looking at the file Amazon sent to my kindle in Calibre, I can't see any flag or tag, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place. It would be awesome to be able to get rid of that banner.

I know the PW just came out, so I'm not surprised some things aren't working perfectly - I just wanted to point these out: 1) getting covers showing on the home page of books sideloaded via Calibre, and 2) having some way (maybe it already exists and I don't know where) to remove the "Personal" banner across the cover of the books I've emailed to my kindle via Amazon.

Thanks!
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id18

2) No known way
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
Interesting, thank you. Since this method makes the covers work, but causes the PW to put the "Personal" banner across the bottom, I'll stick with the method of emailing the book to my kindle via Amazon, so that it is backed up in my archive/cloud/Amazon library. But this will help people who don't want to do that, for whatever reason.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote