Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
T68 default reader

The T68 has a "Now Reading" section on the home page. Is there anyway that we can specify a default reader so that the book we are reading will show up and be accessible from here. When I read a book using Moon+ Reader Pro or even OReader, which is shipped with the device, the book won't shop up. Can I specific a default reader somewhere..........Jackie
PS T68 purchased from Amazon
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:19 AM   #2
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Yes, it can be done.
Use "long click" on the book to open. That will give you the option to choose the app. In that same pop-up window, at the bottom, you have a checkbox that allows you to set that app as the default for that book (you have to do this with every book), first check the "checkbox" and then choose the app you want to choose to read the book.
Next time you "short click" on that book book it will open with the choosen app.
If you want to choose another app, you just have to repeat these steps again.

PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 AM   #3
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Setting the default reader for books from Calibre Companion doesn't seem to have any effect on the home page sections "Now Reading" and "Recent ....". I would like to see the book that I am currently reading in the "Now Reading" section and when I click on it I want it to open in my default reader "Moon+ Reader Pro". Am I missing something? ......Jackie
Old 09-12-2014, 03:32 AM   #4
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
You dont have to set it in CC. In fact I don't know if that could work.
Being in the "Home" screen follow the steps I wrote before and It should work...

I haven´t tried it with CC, so lets wait for someone who knows how this can be done
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
jjansen
J

Sorry for the response delay. I am travelling through national parks in Utah and having a great time but the internet has been almost nonexistent.

Just as an FYI. Using your suggestions here is what I found out. To get a book to show on the home page it has to be opened via the Library option. If you open a book through the reader app directly or through Calibre Companion then the home page is not updated. For some reason my cover pages show via Calibre Companion but they do not show on the home page even when the book is opened via Library.
Advert
Old 10-02-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Sorry for the response delay. I am travelling through national parks in Utah and having a great time but the internet has been almost nonexistent.

Just as an FYI. Using your suggestions here is what I found out. To get a book to show on the home page it has to be opened via the Library option. If you open a book through the reader app directly or through Calibre Companion then the home page is not updated. For some reason my cover pages show via Calibre Companion but they do not show on the home page even when the book is opened via Library.
Hello,
to have your covers shown on the home page you have two ways (or at least I've found only these two ways):
1. refresh onyx library and select the option "scan for metadata"
or
2. once you have the book (without cover) on the homepage, open it with one of the onyx readers. after that the cover will be shown.

the first way has a couple of disadvantages: it's a very long procedure (especially the first time you do it) and at the end it copies all the covers (in 4 differents sizes: original, large, medium and small, if i remember correctly) in the folder android/data/onyx../cache.. on your internal sd card. In my case (4500 books) that folder is around 1 GB now.. too much.
so if you use CC and you are not going to use the Onyx Library, my piece of advice is to use the first way

regards

Last edited by Brandobras; 10-02-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:34 AM   #7
jjansen
J

Thanks, opening it in Onyx reader does work. I wish there was a better Calibre Companion / T68 integration. What I really miss is the feature I have on my rooted Nook where, with Cool Reader, the books coverpage is the screen you see when the reader is asleep. It was a little feature that didn't add anything to the actual operation of easily reading a book but it was still a really nice feature. A future enhancement would be for the T68 to have an option for the home page where you can choose between their current one or just the cover based on their "Now Reading" selection.

PS what I really like is that I have now made it through the superb national parks of the Colorado Plateau and again have internet access to even see this forum!