Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.14

Kobo Touch Firmware 1.9.14 and desktop 2.1.4 will be released shortly.

Kobo Touch:

• Tap the upper right-hand corner of your page to bookmark it
• Add notes to your bookmarks from the Annotations List
• Sync your notes and bookmarks to the Kobo Cloud
• Quickly preview Footnotes and Endnotes from linked text in a book
• Highlights, notes and dogears are now available in sideloaded content
• Check the time while you're reading
• CBR file parsing fix
• Faster Syncing
• SD card issue fixed
• New keyboard layout
• and more...

Desktop:
• Use the Sync button to save your annotations to the Kobo Cloud

Special thanks to the beta testers for their feedback!

Last edited by MDK; 11-24-2011 at 05:47 PM.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Can hardly wait!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Yaaay!

This sounds like a good'un, thanks to everyone for your hard work.

Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 11-25-2011 at 03:46 AM.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
It looks like you've given me everything I wanted! I'm so excited for this update.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Just ran the update now, no problems
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
1.9.5 - 1.9.6 - 1.9.9 - 1.9.10 - 1.9.11 - 1.9.12 - 1.9.14

These are the firmware updates on my K.T. which failed to fix the well known unable to delete side loaded epubs from the SD card with the KOBO UI issue.

At this point I refuse to believe that Kobo programmers are this incompetent.

Please tell us if this is a hardware defect so we don't have to stress over it and can stop waiting for a fix.

Thank you
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #7
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
1.9.5 - 1.9.6 - 1.9.9 - 1.9.10 - 1.9.11 - 1.9.12 - 1.9.14

These are the firmware updates on my K.T. which failed to fix the well known unable to delete side loaded epubs from the SD card with the KOBO UI issue.

At this point I refuse to believe that Kobo programmers are this incompetent.

Please tell us if this is a hardware defect so we don't have to stress over it and can stop waiting for a fix.

Thank you
There was talk about this in the beta group and the dev said that the way they mount the file make it difficult to delete the file from the card. SO no it is not a hardware issue. And we don't know if they can find a way to fix this without opening a big bag of worms.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
CNL
CNL began at the beginning.

Device: KT2, libra H2O
Just updated, and I love the clock and dog ear features.
I'll have to find a micro sd card to test out that feature again.

Is there any low battery warning when reading now?

CNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNL View Post
Is there any low battery warning when reading now?
I don't believe they changed anything on the low battery warning behaviour from the last update. If they did, they didn't mention it to us and I normally plug in when I'm down to a 1/4 so I don't normally see it anyway.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #10
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
There was talk about this in the beta group and the dev said that the way they mount the file make it difficult to delete the file from the card. SO no it is not a hardware issue. And we don't know if they can find a way to fix this without opening a big bag of worms.
Thank you Nigol.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
I don't believe they changed anything on the low battery warning behaviour from the last update. If they did, they didn't mention it to us and I normally plug in when I'm down to a 1/4 so I don't normally see it anyway.
There is supposed to be a warning though I never saw it and had my battery die the same. I think the battery indicator is at fault here since if your kobo dies before it gets to the right amount ( 10% I think) it won't show it. May not be related but the indicator seems to be a little better in this version.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
My understanding was that it is not how the files get mounted, but rather that it is the way the SD card is mounted. I sent you some info by PM, Nigol.

Last edited by taming; 11-24-2011 at 07:44 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Ugh. The update's made my KT very slow redrawing pages, even with the refresh set to 6. :/ *sigh* Wish I hadn't updated but stupid me had it plugged in to charge and forgot about it when I updated the desktop software.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:53 PM   #14
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I noticed that, too, JD. We did not see this in our last beta. I wonder what is up?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'm also seeing that it seems to take a VERY long time to update Reading Lite via WiFi...

In fact I can't really tell if it IS completing or not

AH... It just moved to Updating Awards!

Last edited by PeterT; 11-24-2011 at 08:03 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote