Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
poldem
poldem began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
calibre detection on the web server

When the browsers get the data from the web servers, they introduce themselves - the server keeps the statistics of the client types (IE, Firefox, Chrome, different robots such as Google, yahoo.. ).

What is the identification of calibre web client (user-agent) ?

I would like to measure calibre traffic on the web server and the impact of this traffic (in the future).

In my opinion this forum was the best to ask this, because this it is closely related to recipes.

Last edited by poldem; 03-26-2011 at 05:22 PM.
poldem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre does not use a unique user agent, since many websites block non browser user agents. If you are interested in measuring the impact of a particular recipe, you can set the user agent in the recipes get_browser function and I'll be happy to make the change in the builtin recipe as long as it does not cause the recipe to stop working.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
poldem
poldem began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
thanks, I will.

But first my recipe still needs some polishing before publishing...
poldem is offline   Reply With Quote