Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
swallman
Enthusiast
swallman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Keyboard issues when charging

I know other people have seen this problem, just wondering what the fix has been. When I had my NC charging the other day and I was trying to use the keyboard with the web browser I was getting a ton of duplicate key presses.
swallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
I finally quit using mine while charging, at least for typing. Some folks said it was the USB charging cable, and when I purchased a second NC, I noticed that the larger USB end was black on mine, and white on the newer one. Ironically, the white ended cable didn't exhibit the problem quite as bad it seemed.

When I called Barnes and Noble phone support, they claimed they had never heard of the problem, so they sent me to the local store. When I got to the store, the people in the store were seriously teed off that the phone support sent me there, and weren't afraid to let me know how teed off they were. I quickly realized that I was caught between parties in a large corporation's bureaucratic confusion, so I turned around and left.

I finally decided that if it was going to be a big enough problem, that I'd pack it up and take it back to Best Buy for an on-the-spot replacement. This way, there's no hassle for me, and it can become Barnes and Noble's problem, as it should be.
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert