Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Supported formatting in Mobi versus ePub

I asked this in the calibre forum but it wasn't clear if that was the right forum. I have a book in ePub format that I've cleaned up in Sigil. Some of the formatting I used is disappearing when I convert from ePub to Mobi in calibre.

How do I get superscript, for example? Or a dropcap? Can I switch from a serif to sans-serif font for some heading styles?
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Mobipockect.com has some info on the html supported in Mobi books.

Check out this link:

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...TagRef_OEB.htm

and more generally this link:

http://www.mobipocket.com/dev/articl...agref_form.xml

This forms the guts of the Mobi version of their html 3.2 based markup language.

For example, just like html <sup></sup> is for superscript and <sub></sub> is for subscript, etc.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
Thanks - it turns out the <sup> tag wasn't working due to a nesting (?) issue. <a ...><sup>1</sup></a> works, <sup><a...>1</a></sup> does not.

I'll play around with the others and see what happens - it seems like trial and error is all that really works.
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
farleylai
Young Kindler
farleylai began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
Thanks - it turns out the <sup> tag wasn't working due to a nesting (?) issue. <a ...><sup>1</sup></a> works, <sup><a...>1</a></sup> does not.
I'll play around with the others and see what happens - it seems like trial and error is all that really works.
Yeah, I encounter the same problem when converting HTML to MOBI from a Wikipedia page using Calibre. It would be of a great help if the glitch is fixed ASAP.
farleylai is offline   Reply With Quote