Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the Neo and Boox threads be combined?
YES! The hardware is the same. 43 82.69%
I don't see why its necessary... 2 3.85%
NO! They are different Brands. 4 7.69%
No, but move the Neo into its own sub forum. 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Fair enough Harry. I withdraw my standpoint.
I took the same viewpoint as you initially, but was persuaded that this really was the best way to do it from the user perspective .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 AM   #17
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Yes, after reading your explanation I think you're right, Harry. Especially for new users this is the best way for them to find the forum they need. And more experienced users will still find their way, even if it means keeping track of multiple forums. But I guess most of us follow multiple forums anyway.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #18
Fith
Enthusiast
Fith began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo / Onyx Boox 60
Fair enough. You might want to close the thread then.
Fith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #19
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
But I guess most of us follow multiple forums anyway.
Ditto
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:18 AM   #20
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 / OnePlus 5
I just noticed this thread.
I am really surprised at the conclusion you draw.

I think that if two names refer to the same device, the information about the device should obviously not be duplicated, it should all be kept in one and the same forum.

If different names are in use, say Machine1 and Machine2, all the real stuff should be kept in, say, Machine1 forum.

For Machine2, we just have to create a spurious, dummy, forum, a read-only forum, with just a sticky explaining that Machine1 = Machine 2, and with a clickable link giving access to the other forum containing the whole stuff.

I think that two such forums would be very easy for any user to deal with.
glin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #21
glin
Groupie
glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really don't understand why there still exists two separate forums : one about Bebook and the other about Onyx. That is much confusing, and creates loss of information.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #22
glin
Groupie

A pity this problem could not get any solution up to now.