Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the help, but I give up. Put books on again, changed some settings, the thing is lying there for 10 minutes... it's frozen.
I reset, takes two resets before it works, I browse the books, add some books to favorites... and about 10 minutes later it freezes again. While I'm browsing books, so it has nothing to do with faulty epubs or fbreader or anything.

Oh, maybe I could try reverting to 14.2.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #17
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I'd try "dropping" the firmware version down to 14.2 as lots of folks have trouble with 15.2 behaving well on their PB360s.

It was thanks to my efforts to use 15.2 that I learned all about hard resets...

In fact, I can't find version 15.2 for download for the PB360 on either the Pocketbook.reader.com site or the Pocketbook-Global-USA site. It's just not on the official sites.

Now that you've hard reset it - maybe 14.2 will work for you.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #18
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
... it freezes again. While I'm browsing books, so it has nothing to do with faulty epubs or fbreader or anything.
I'm using 15.2 at the moment, and I've experience a couple of crashes while browsing books and even trying to enter the PB360 Settings menu. I'm trying not to downgrade until the new firmware is out, but I'm about one crash/freeze away from that point at the moment. 14.2 crashed/froze for me more than a handful of times in the 6 or so weeks I was using it.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:23 AM   #19
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Even a handful of freezes in 6 weeks sounds like too many to me. I don't remember the Sony PRS ever freezing at all.

This morning it froze even while it was hooked up to the computer & I was copying files from the PB to my hard disk.

And right now it's frozen while performing a firmware update (actually downgrade, from 15 to 14). Nice one!

I'm in serious doubt whether this is a firmware issue at all.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:46 AM   #20
franklekens
Addict

So I did manage to change the FW back to 14.2 (which took numerous attempts as it's continually freezing during boot or during the fw upgrade). And what do you know? I try to open a book... and it freezes again.
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 04:50 AM   #21
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
So I did manage to change the FW back to 14.2 (which took numerous attempts as it's continually freezing during boot or during the fw upgrade). And what do you know? I try to open a book... and it freezes again.
You're being way more patient than I would be in your situation. I think I've have thrown it through a window by now.

Have you had any word from the Pocketbook guys? I wonder if it's a battery issue.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #22
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
You're being way more patient than I would be in your situation. I think I've have thrown it through a window by now.

Have you had any word from the Pocketbook guys? I wonder if it's a battery issue.
We have to check the device. Please send to our Nürnberg central with a description of what's wrong.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #23
franklekens
Addict

Consider it done.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:32 AM   #24
franklekens
Addict

But is anybody home at the Service Center? According to TNT track&trace the package, sent last week, was delivered at the Humboldtstrasse on three consecutive days with no succes, as the "addressee was not at home". Now I suppose it's waiting at the post office to be either collected or sent back...