Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Can Calibre not add a cover?

Is there a way to stop Calibre from adding covers to books? I have No Default Cover and No SVG Cover checked in the Preferences --> Conversion --> ePub Output tab.

I generally have cover pages in my books already, and simply add them to the Calibre metadata for display in the GUI. I end up with two covers.

Alternatively, is there a way to tell Calibre how to identify a cover, as you would a chapter-break, and thereby not needing to add one? I'm working from XHTML sources that get zipped by Calibre when imported. (ie: Zipped to ePub conversion)

cap
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the remove first image from book option
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
capidamonte
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Ah, but that removes my image, right? I've added a link to that image (touchscreen) to take me to the internal table of contents...

cap
Old 06-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well if you set no default cover and dont specify a cover in the metadata it wont create a cover.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
capidamonte

True, of course, but then there will be no cover in Calibre...

No worries. I'll figure something out.

BTW, would it be possible for Calibre to recognize a pre-existing cover if it is coded properly in the source XHTML?

cap
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

if your source is an ebook format that supports covers then calibre will recognize it. Not with html though, since there's no accepted scheme for specifying covers there.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
capidamonte

Might it be possible to tell Calibre what to look for in HTML? ie: a set of tags, like you do with Headings, only for various metadata, including the cover?

The manual says that Calibre searches for metadata in HTML; where can I find what it looks for, specifically? The HTML importer is not customizable.

I've been unable to import HTML to Calibre with metadata, although I have many <meta> tags in my sources. Sigil seems to find at least some of the metadata from these same files.

Thanks,

cap
Old 06-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

IIRC the html metadata reader in calibre is setup to get metadata from the output of the ereader2html script. There is a html metadata reader plugin, which you can easily replace with your own.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
I read your conversation. To wrap it up: I don't want Calibre to add its own cover. Only use the book's default cover if any. If it has no cover, then simply it will have no cover.

It is not clear now how to set it up. Tried the manual but no it was help. Thank you!
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add, conversion, cover