Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
device transfer porblem

Today I downloaded and installed the latest version, but this problem also occurred with the previous version.

I use Calibre to download the Sunday NY Times every week.
The new paper appears in the library, and when I attach my Sony PRS 505 it transfers automatically to the device-I do not delete the previous week's newspaper.
I disconnect the device and only the new newspaper is on the device, the previous week's paper is gone.

What is happening?

Scotsan
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
sol_barbez
sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sol_barbez has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600
How did you do that? I've been looking for that "feature" - automatically delete old news on reader, when tranferring new ones from the same source.
When you plan your news retrieval there is an option on the right (bottom) to make it "Delete downloaded news older than x days". It obviously works for you. Doesn't work here.
sol_barbez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsan View Post
I use Calibre to download the Sunday NY Times every week.
The new paper appears in the library, and when I attach my Sony PRS 505 it transfers automatically to the device-I do not delete the previous week's newspaper.
I disconnect the device and only the new newspaper is on the device, the previous week's paper is gone.

What is happening?

Scotsan
Whether or not the previous issue is deleted depends upon the 'timefmt' variable in the recipe.
The standard recipe does not append a datestamp to the filename, so newly downloaded issues overwrite the older ones, as the filename is the same.

If you want to manually control the deletion of your older issues on the device, you need to customize the built-in recipe:
Code:
timefmt = '[%d %b %Y]'
Note that calibre will not delete older issues on the device automatically - that setting only applies to copies in database on your computer.

The default setting works correctly with Kindle periodical management, automatically archiving the last 7 issues, then deleting the oldest one when a new issue is downloaded.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
mtmanup
mtmanup began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Question, new to Calibre, installed ok, downloaded new magazines ok, but how do I get
previous books, etc. to show in listing in Calibre? A little confusion with e-mail inserts
upon installing ( Kindle address, etc. )
mtmanup is offline   Reply With Quote