Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
ppatt
ppatt began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I could be wrong but I asked this at a store and I think, to the nest of my recollection, that you can save notes and browse through a summary of them on the color nook but there is no way to dump them off to a file...another big drawback.

I'd like to see it work like the color nook and also have import and export features so that you could see what others thought. Then you could filter the notes....for example turning on Bob and Mary's notes but keeping those from others hidden.

They could really capitalize on the collaborative aspects of notes and build something offline that would facilitate. I can imagine something like a hybrid between GoodReads and this site:

http://www.literature-map.com/subcomandante+marcos.html

which allows you to start with an author then see a tree view of other authros that influenced the author in question. Click on the influencing author and you are presented with that authors tree...

Cool, eh? Notes could be organized by author and book and accessible either through the tree or by contributors that are in you "network". Blogs, discussion etc would be a given.

They should hire me.... They seem to be challenged by out of the box thinking with proof being that they did not rely on that which could have been determined by rudimentary test driving in a "whtie room" situation in which test facilitators could not influence the testers -- a way to get candid, accurate feedback...like double blind experiments.
ppatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clippings, nook, notes