Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 01:38 AM   #1081
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I set the clock to Jan. 1, 2013 which was the earliest I could set it to -- 2013-2030 seems to be the current range for years. Both Kobo synced and sideloaded books I had on the device showed up in the listing. When I connected to my computer, I could see the sideloaded books and the kepub files.
I just tested a Touch and it has the same earliest date. Which is interesting as at least one person has reported seeing a 1970 date on one of the newer devices. Maybe something else has reset the date and the nickel doesn't handle that properly. But, I wouldn't expect that to affect the files visable when connected to the PC.
Quote:
I'll PM the link to the firmware file.
Got it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:51 PM   #1082
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
I have tried to patch 3.11 without success.
I have spent hours trying different path combinations to no avail.

I have my glo plugged in to Windows 7
I have unzipped the patch file.
Placed the unzipped 3.11 firmware folder in the patch source directory.
edited libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch (not on note pad).
Run .bat, I get "the system cannot find the specified path"

any ideas ?.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 01:04 AM   #1083
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
I have tried to patch 3.11 without success.
I have spent hours trying different path combinations to no avail.

I have my glo plugged in to Windows 7
I have unzipped the patch file.
Placed the unzipped 3.11 firmware folder in the patch source directory.
edited libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch (not on note pad).
Run .bat, I get "the system cannot find the specified path"

any ideas ?.
You don't need to have your Glo plugged in to generate the patched file.

After you unzipped the patch file, you copied the kobo-update-3.11.0.zip into the 3.11.0_source directory? Note that the firmware file is placed in the folder without unpacking it. Alternately, you can unpack the 3 files that are needed from the firmware update file and place them in that directory manually.

You can edit the patch file with any editor. It uses Windows style CRLF EOLs.

You might want to edit the batch file and set debug log to true. You can then post the log file in the Instructions for patching firmware 3.11.0 forum. While not exactly the most verbose, it does help to show where the batch file is looking for it's bits and pieces.

Code:
project name = 3.11.0 
the7zipexe=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Kobo Patcher\patch_kobo_311\tools\7za920\7za.exe 
thepatchexe=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Kobo Patcher\patch_kobo_311\tools\pa32lsb.exe 
currentpath=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Kobo Patcher\patch_kobo_311 
sourcepath=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Kobo Patcher\patch_kobo_311\3.11.0_source  
targetpath=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Kobo Patcher\patch_kobo_311\3.11.0_target  
thekobopath=C:\Users\User\Desktop\Kobo Patcher\patch_kobo_311\3.11.0_target\usr\local\Kobo

Last edited by DNSB; 11-17-2014 at 01:06 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:28 AM   #1084
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
After you unzipped the patch file, you copied the kobo-update-3.11.0.zip into the 3.11.0_source directory? Note that the firmware file is placed in the folder without unpacking it. Alternately, you can unpack the 3 files that are needed from the firmware update file and place them in that directory manually
I was doing exactly that, and many other different combinations.

I solved it by moving the process from directory, "Kobo & Psion", to a directory without the "&".

Many thanks for your time.

Last edited by leftright; 11-17-2014 at 02:51 AM.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #1085
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I have found that the folder I run the .bat file from must be close to root. If the path is too long, I get errors.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #1086
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I have found that the folder I run the .bat file from must be close to root. If the path is too long, I get errors.
Right, there are some limitations.

On my system (W8 8.1), for instance
Code:
C:\data\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\123456780\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\123456780\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\patch_kobo_3110
does not work*, but

Code:
C:\data\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\123456780\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\1234567890\123456780\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\abc\patch_kobo_3110
is sufficiently "close to root."

* If I add some more /abc-s, windows even refuses to run the bat file because of "internet security" concerns.

Last edited by tshering; 11-17-2014 at 05:11 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #1087
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One possible workaround would be to use the command line SUBST command to assign a drive letter to the directory that is the base of the patch environment.

The challenge though would be finding an available letter to be used.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:54 AM   #1088
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The challenge though would be finding an available letter to be used.
I have an Glo chock full of letters...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:55 AM   #1089
arasyi
Zealot
arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arasyi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Release notes:
http://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/ReleaseNotes/37

Kobo 4 (Glo/Aura HD)
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.12.0.zip

Kobo 5 (Aura/H2O)
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...ate-3.12.0.zip

Affiliate: beta and bestbuyca
arasyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #1090
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
The release notes consist of:

Ratings and reviews

Tap the new Reviews tab on your book’s Details screen to see what other Kobo readers have to say. Add your own reviews for books you’ve read… but no spoilers, please!

--------------------
Gee the downloads are getting hefty: 90.9mb for the Glo

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 12-05-2014 at 02:26 AM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #1091
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
wron sorry /delete

Last edited by Nick_1964; 12-05-2014 at 03:08 AM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 02:42 AM   #1092
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Downloaded 3.12 with no problems. (for the Glo)

Can't really notice any differences ....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:30 AM   #1093
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The first post of the Direct Links to Kobo Firmware thread (yes, that's this thread) has been updated. And will be updated as more information becomes available.

Our winner this month is: arasyi
Old 12-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #1094
murg
No Comment

What's the last release that was targeting at the Mini?

Not the last one that will run on the Mini, but the one that will automatically update from Kobo.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:28 PM   #1095
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
What's the last release that was targeting at the Mini?

Not the last one that will run on the Mini, but the one that will automatically update from Kobo.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote