Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
slow1234
Enthusiast
slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
refurbished at bestbuy.ca $79

Now down to $79 at bestbuy.ca (dec 31)

Now reduced to $99 at best buy (dec 16).

FYI, both the 650 and 350 (as well as 300 and 600) are available at bestbuy.ca refurbished for $149.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchR...e%25252520Site

I just ordered one of the red 650s. Hopefully they actually have one in stock as the site indicates "limited quantities available" for this one, as opposed providing actual quantities remaining of the other colours/models.

Last edited by slow1234; 01-02-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: price dropped again
slow1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
The 650s have been marked down to $129 CA.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
slow1234
Enthusiast
slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!slow1234 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Argh! I went and picked mine up last night and paid $149. The price drop must have happened after.

I'll have to go back to get the $20 back. That will pay for a case!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
slow1234
Enthusiast

just reduced again to $99
Old 12-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Wow, that is a great price for a 650. I'm so tempted. Do they allow purchases from the US?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
slow1234
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Wow, that is a great price for a 650. I'm so tempted. Do they allow purchases from the US?
Not sure. Sorry.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
$79 for a Sony 5" pocket reader)prs350 and a prs300 for $59 at Best Buy Canada. Refurbished, would it be a good one, a refurbished you think? I might get one..

Last edited by bcgirl; 12-16-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Addedninfo
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
The PRS-350 for $79 would be a good deal, and I'd risk the refurbished for that price. Refurbished often means someone opened the box and returned it and it had no usage, or if there was some defect, it was sent back and fixed. Either way it should be reliable.

I don't think the 300 though would be worth it. It has the older screen which isn't as good as current e-ink screens, and no touch ability.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
The PRS-350 for $79 would be a good deal, and I'd risk the refurbished for that price. Refurbished often means someone opened the box and returned it and it had no usage, or if there was some defect, it was sent back and fixed. Either way it should be reliable.

I don't think the 300 though would be worth it. It has the older screen which isn't as good as current e-ink screens, and no touch ability.
Awesome, thanks for your info and advice!
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
I had wanted to buy a prs-650 as a backup to my 950 and have it shipped to the USA. Unfortunately, Best Buy in Canada informed me that they do NOT export to the USA but would sell/ship it to an agent or party located in their country for me.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But for only $20 more, you can get a brand new T1. I'd do that as the T1 has a 6" screen and wi-fi.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Saw a pink 350 in the Sony store for $75.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #13
ring0_event
Zealot
ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ring0_event can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle3 (3G), PRS-950 (x2), PRS-T1
BB CA has 650s (refurb) for 99.95
BB CA has 350s (refurb) for 79.95
BB CA has PRS-T1 (new) for 119.98
If PDF viewing is important, the x50s are worth considering , as x50 series is way better for PDF viewing than PRS-T1 if reflow is needed
ring0_event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 02:46 AM   #14
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But for only $20 more, you can get a brand new T1. I'd do that as the T1 has a 6" screen and wi-fi.
With that price I would go directly to 650 if wi-fi is not so important (I know a lot of people who doesn't care about wi-fi, including myself). And (although people has said me it's not a fair comparison ) T1 against 650 with PRS: no brain.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've not installed PRS+ on my 650. I'm waiting for the 2nd level of collections before I do. That way, I can have a better setup for series. I can have a collection called Series and then all the series under that. That would be very nice.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote