Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 02:52 AM   #1
knkmhmd
knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.knkmhmd knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPAD Pro 10.3, Iphone Xs Max
Best tablet screen for reading text in e-book and PDFs

Need your comment based on practical experience on the issue mentioned in the title. the tablets in question are- Acer Iconia A500, Ipad 2, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 & 8.9 and Lenovo idea pad K1. Your judgment will be based strictly on practical observation that how the texts in e-book as well as PDFs appear on each of their screen. I have seen in one of the tablets that edges of text have some pixellation which is sometimes evident and texts are not as crisp as expected from a high resolution screen, but i have heard that in some of the screens some how tackles the problem and individual letters are as crisp as we see in the E-ink ebook readers. In my country almost none of the tablets are available. so i cannot go for a hand on experience of my own. based on your practical experience i would order one from abroad. Thanks in advance.
knkmhmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
arma_virumque
arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.arma_virumque can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: nook
lol, why you wanna get a tablet for ebooks?? The problem with them is that pages are damn bright and hurt eyes. Also good luck in broad day light.

kobo touch is banging and pretty cheap.

As for tablets, VERY IMPORTANT, get one that has IPS panel or else stuff gonna look like shite.

regards.
arma_virumque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by knkmhmd View Post
Need your comment based on practical experience on the issue mentioned in the title. the tablets in question are- Acer Iconia A500, Ipad 2, Asus Transformer, Galaxy Tab 10.1 & 8.9 and Lenovo idea pad K1. Your judgment will be based strictly on practical observation that how the texts in e-book as well as PDFs appear on each of their screen. I have seen in one of the tablets that edges of text have some pixellation which is sometimes evident and texts are not as crisp as expected from a high resolution screen, but i have heard that in some of the screens some how tackles the problem and individual letters are as crisp as we see in the E-ink ebook readers. In my country almost none of the tablets are available. so i cannot go for a hand on experience of my own. based on your practical experience i would order one from abroad. Thanks in advance.
I own an Ipad2 to and samsung galaxy tab (first generation) i previously had a kindle3 for nearly a year before it died. the ipad does a much better for reading than the samsung galaxy (first generation) but to be honest the new generation samsung galaxy's tabs are much nicer than the one i have.

Ive used kindlereader on a Motorla xoom and its reading experience is much better with its much needed major overhaul. and with honeycombe 3.1 the motorola is a dream and i truly think the only reason i have an ipad2 is that with my ipod touch everything worked and when i got my samsung galaxie tab the first few months it was out everything was unstable and buggy. and that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Aside from just reading the Xoom played video quite good,

but if your looking for a tablet to read and do nothing else Nook Color and Kindle fire are your best bet for that
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
I have bad eyesight so I am a bit of a screen critic. Whichever has the best pixel density per inch... right now that is Nook color. reading books on it is a much better experience then reading on the iPad. If your not in a hurry, I'd wait for iPad 3.. if the rumors are true, the next screen on that will be a knock out.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote