Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 07:34 PM   #16
Filark
Edge User

Go to your Library tab (bottom of the screen), then on the left at the top you should see Library with a pull-down arrow. Pull that down and tap Storage. Scroll down the page and see if your book is there. If not, look for Digital Editions (I think it is) folder, click to open and see if your book is in there. If you find it, you can tap it to get it to open on the e-ink side. Once it opens, if you want, you can add it to the PE Library.

Oh, sorry. It will be easier to open the Reader tab and choose Open From Storage. That should find your book for you!

Good luck!

Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #17
tsemple
Edge User

Bluefire Reader should be close to shipping their Android version. At that point you will at least have a choice between EDge Reader and Bluefire for everything (it supports Adobe DRM, ePub and PDF, and should work with Dropbox also). I haven't gotten txtr yet for Android but at least on iOS it doesn't support any sort of side loading so you have to upload to your txtr account, where only txtr can get at it. Inconvenient most of the time.
I gather Aldiko 2.x does not work on EDge otherwise that might be an option also.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:41 AM   #18
Filark
Edge User

Aldiko does work, just not the latest version, apparently: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ghlight=aldiko

I'll be looking up Bluefire Reader, thanks!

Old 05-18-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
mcurty
Edge User

I also struggled with this issue of library books, Overdrive, and ADE. I like to read in bed without having to turn the light on, so thought I needed to get the book on the LCD side.

When that didn't work for me, I downloaded Flashlight from Amazon Apps. Now I can turn on the flashlight on the LCD side and it lights up the eInk side so I can read my eInk book without an extra light.

For me, it is actually more comfortable holding the book open like a regular book than folding to tablet anyway. I'm assuming/hoping that the Flashlight doesn't use any more power than having the book open on the LCD side, but haven't tested to find out.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #20
Filark
Edge User

What a neat solution, Mcurty! I saw that app and wondered what I woud ever use it for . . . now I know! Thanks!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #21
JJDRP
Edge User

Quote:
When that didn't work for me, I downloaded Flashlight from Amazon Apps. Now I can turn on the flashlight on the LCD side and it lights up the eInk side so I can read my eInk book without an extra light.
Thank you. I started getting licensing errors after having 2 copies of the book working on the device. I think that the flashlight solution is the best option at the moment. I am off to read in the dark.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #22
STL Droid
Edge User

Hi,
I have been using Aldiko and last night I tried Moon Reader. The issue with both of these is that I have a LOT of books. I presently have them on my 32Gb externalSD card. Both the above readers try to import the books into the PE memoery and store under intsdcard. So does anyone have a reader suggestion that easily can be pointed at my external SD card as a book repository, that will no move them to the main PE memory?

Reader can not be pointed to an outside source, only a folder called ebooks under the PE memory. Moon Reader can be stepped through directories to the book on the SD card but then tries to import it.

I'd love to see my books in an easy UI and keep them on the SD card to save on system storage.

Suggestions? And I want to use the LCD side, sorry, I know this can be done easily on the eInk side. But I read a lot in the evening or in bed or low light conditions.

Thanks,

Last edited by STL Droid; 05-19-2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: correction

Old 05-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #23
cheyennedonna
Edge User

FB Reader allows you to browse the file tree and open a book individually.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #24
STL Droid
Edge User

Thanks, I'll try it. Can it read epub and catalog a list of books from the card? That's what I like about Aldiko is the list that's built. What I hate is its insistance on importing them into memory on the PE. My music player recognizes and ctalogs music stored on my sd card, whay can't I find a book reader that will do that? (sigh)

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out tonight.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #25
ivan
Edge User

CoolReader will read from the external SD card as well as the internal storage. It also allows you to look for books in other places through its menus. On mine it lists all the booka on the SD card and indicates those I have read by giving file size - unread have no file size given. It will read a lot of formats, epub, html, rtf, txt and many others. Find it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/