Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Docs 2 go?

Has anyone tried it yet? It hasn't been updated for the iPad (so far as I know), and I was wondering how it looked.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
I have it on my iPhone, it's a decent application. There are many reviews posted around if you Google for them. I tried QuickOffice (its closest competitor) briefly. They both pretty much have the same features, just differ on UI and implementation. I found Docs2Go just to work better for me, from a UI standpoint.

D2G requires a syncing client be put onto your desktop system, but this was from before Apple had application directories now present in 3.2. D2G is going to be updated to take advantage of this feature as well as the larger size of the iPad.

Personally I look forward to it as it will have much better compatibility with MS Office documents than Pages/Numbers/Keynote does. D2G reads in my documents far easier without losing as much formatting as the iWork applications. For now I've basically given up on using iWork on the iPad, they really need to beef up import, export and features. I have strong doubts they will though leaving iWork basically a waste of $30.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert