Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Strange charging behaviour

I plugin into USB to charge and after some time (few hours) the red charging light turns off. Next I switch it on for a quick task, like removing a few files from the SD card (this time I removed the kernel file after the update). 10 min later I switch off Cybook (gen3) and plugin into USB again.

Since it was working for 10 min I realize the battery charge is no longer 100%, so I expect to see it charging again. Indeed charge light is red, fine. However, it keeps charging for the next 2-3 hours. This time I had to terminate it while it was still charging 2nd time (even though 1st time it terminate charge process on its own).

I would not expect the 2nd charge to take hours after doing few simple tasks like deleting few files from SD card. Did it undercharge the 1st time? Or did it overcharge the 2nd time?
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
This should answer your question.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63080
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Thanks

Very interesting. Most Lithium based chargers stop when the specific voltage is reached (4.2V for 3.7V nominal batteries).
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote