Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #886
Kazuma
Kazuma began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle touch, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard
I really love this new update! I'm deeply impressed by how the new dictionary works: aside from the new features such as the full-screen search and the move up and down of the window, it refreshes less than the previous version, which makes reading more comfortable.

It would be nicer if M92 can customize the multifunctional status bar like choosing favorite tools, but first I wanna say thanks to Booxtor. I really appreciate your time and effort.
Kazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #887
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Question

Hmm with the new Update 1.7/1.8 20121030 seems to be a new/another Version of the FBReader included....because

- I got no Pagenumber-Bar at the Bottom
- I could see the Cover-pictures anymore

Are there any setting possbile? I didnt find them :-(

In the new PDF-Reader are so many Icons in the Bottom-Bar, but I want my FBReader for reading with my favorite font (Consolas and Ubuntu Mono)
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 05:18 PM   #888
psv
Connoisseur
psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.psv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, remarkable
I am somewhat lost in the options of the pdf reader in the newest update. The "auto crop" option works fine, though for some reason it removes the left margin (in place of making left and right margins equally wide). But if I set a custom zoom (via the 2 point zoom), is there any way how to move to the next page and display the same part of that page? The "next" button moves me along the page, showing me the margin. I was trying to set the "page mode" option, but it stays on the "paper mode". What is it supposed to do? Can it be set?
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #889
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
- fixed and works fine on my side. I tried dozens of different PDFs (your linked too) and merging works fine. If you have still that issue please contact me.
When I try to merge the sketch file I've sent you with the pdf, nothing happens - no output is produced. Knorke's example file doesn't work either, under same conditions (in that case annotated pdf is produced, just without annotations.
Perhaps it should be specified what "fixed" means. I expected that old scribbles can be merged, not that the same pdf file can be annotated anew and then merged.

Quote:
- What do you mean?
There's some sort of display issue. Icons and progress bar sometimes get misaligned in such a way that icons get displayed over progress bar, not to the side of it. Next time I spot this I make a photo.

Quote:
- can't confirm. It wokrs on my side
It turned out they actually work within browser (they are visible when "show bookmarks" option is selected) but they are not displayed in webbrowsing "main screen" - no matter what I do, I can only see google, onyx and wikipedia, not my bookmarks. But it also turns out I can't save passwords (this is perhaps language/translation issue?)

Last edited by janek; 10-31-2012 at 05:32 PM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #890
naravive
Enthusiast
naravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animalsnaravive is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle, Boox M92
Ok, thanks for that Mono & Booxtor. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I do not know about the new one, but I expect it is the same as old one...

Hand tool makes it possible to move with page within the view port. Put another way. If you see only a part of the page, you may move the view-port (visible part of page) by Hand Tool.

If you see the whole page (or page without margins) the view-port is the same as page and thus Hand Tool has no use.
naravive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #891
johey
johey began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX Max2 Pro and M92
The zip file update-20121030.zip is password protected. How should I do to update my M92?

Edit: Never mind. I just realized you should put the update zip file as it is on the SD card, press and hold the joystick button while you start the device.

Last edited by johey; 11-01-2012 at 05:38 AM.
johey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #892
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
Please inform if this update is a (final) v1.7 or a v1.8.
Anyway thank you Booxtor!
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #893
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilmos View Post
Please inform if this update is a (final) v1.7 or a v1.8.
Anyway thank you Booxtor!
Updated update to correct number please refer to the first post

guidol: in menu of FB Reader just select "exit full screen" .. By default it should be not in "full screen" --will be fixed
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #894
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
@Booxstor, Janek

First, thanks for new firmware. Many of my dreams became the truth.

I tested it just for an hour, so this is my very instant preview......

I can confirm Janek's issue with old scribles. Or general problem with displaying it, I didn't try to export scribles.

And I also encoutered a bug, when it was not possible to turn the pages using < > buttons. It was possible to turn pages by statusbar slider.

I guess both bugs have the same source, because after setting page mode, etc via menu both problems were gone.

My wild, hopefully qualified, guess is that programmers expect only certain combinations of settings and do not handle consistently not-allowed combinations of settings. Current firmware will not (hopefully) allow user to set not-allowed combinations, but old one allowed it or even the meaning of settings has been changed more or less.

So, if one opens document previously opened by 1.7 firmware and used certain specific settings (I do not know which - I ussually used 2 point page margin selection), then 1.8 firmware might handle it incorrectly.

It would be good handle those "error" states consistently. For example, if stored settings are wrong then use the default (but open the document on correct page, not the 1st one) or something like that...

And do it the same way in all layers of pdf reader, e.g. showing the text and showing the scribles.

In my case after 1st openning of old pdf with many scribles, text was very large (zoomed) and scribles were written over in different "scale", so absolutely displaced.

I was terrified, but after a while of playing with zooms and page settings, things got fine and scribbles are placed correctly. As I said I didn't try export.

The same with not working page turns. After re-setting page settings, everything was OK.

So, this is issue, but only for old documents and it seems it can be easily solved by re-setting page options once. Since then things seem to work as expected. Anyway it would be handy, if it is corrected.

The "issue" seems to be easily solved on user side with not much effort. So, do not panic.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #895
Moinchen
Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
I have a little plea to booxtor:

As you have a (empty) download section on your shop website, could you place the firmware there, too? Your dropbox account link is temporarily disabled because of too much traffic - and I would like to download the new firmware so much!!!
Moinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #896
johey

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:54 AM   #897
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by johey View Post
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
I know.. Dropbox wants more money
Right now I am uploading the update file to my server.. The file will be available in 10-15 minutes and I will change the link in the first post

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-01-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #898
Moinchen
Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.Moinchen knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Smile Thanks!

That's cool, thank you, Booxtor!
Moinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #899
johey

Thank you very much! Upgraded successfully.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #900
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Quote:
guidol: in menu of FB Reader just select "exit full screen" .. By default it should be not in "full screen" --will be fixed
OK, Pagenumbers are back - that was to easy :-)
but also with non-FullScreen I got no Cover Art (Titelbild) which is displayed with the PDF-Reader :-(
Before the update the FBReader did show this Cover Art...
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote