Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
The PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction

I usually pay attention to the major literary awards: The Man Booker Prize, The Pulitzer Prize, The Nobel Prize, etc. I may not end up reading the winners or those shortlisted, but I think they are excellent places to sift around for books I may be interested in.

One award has always stood out for me: the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction. For some reason, this is the one I keep coming back to to find new authors and good books. I've only ever had one slightly disappointing experience with a Pen/Faulkner winner, and even that was still a decent read. I'm not sure yet which one I'll pick to read next (any recommendations?), but here are some I suggest for others:

2007 Philip Roth, Everyman
2002 Ann Patchett, Bel Canto
2001 Philip Roth, The Human Stain
2000 Ha Jin, Waiting
1995 David Guterson, Snow Falling on Cedars

What are your thoughts on the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction?
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
I liked some of the winnersi hated others. But since I hated more than I liked, I usually don't pay attention to this award. Booker and Pulitzer are my things
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Which ones did you like, and which ones didn't you like?
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote