Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #151
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Blossom how are the heat & humidity?
Horrible it rained all day yesterday making it just waterlogged and inside the humidity was 60% It has been okay heatwise. Lower 80s mostly but high humidity.

Hubby is still looking for work. We're hoping once summer is over some position will become available.

The neighbor downstairs has no respect. He is blasting his theater sound system all the time it seems. ususally after midnight till morning and from noon till 6pm. It's never quiet much here.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #152
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
wow, I can't understand how or why people do not have respect for neighbors especially living in an apartment.

Hopefully hubby will find something soon. Will keep you & him in my thoughts.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #153
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Horrible it rained all day yesterday making it just waterlogged and inside the humidity was 60% It has been okay heatwise. Lower 80s mostly but high humidity.

Hubby is still looking for work. We're hoping once summer is over some position will become available.

The neighbor downstairs has no respect. He is blasting his theater sound system all the time it seems. ususally after midnight till morning and from noon till 6pm. It's never quiet much here.
I agree with KY about the disrespect - it's just sad how people are, but may he needs a taste of his own medicine. Try stomping around the house (of getting some nieces/nephews to help) during the day when he is sleeping...at least I assume that's when he sleeps since he keep y'all up all night
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #154
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay it got really cold last night. It was 62 Degrees here! I foresee a problem. Even though it was cold outside it was 75 in here because the A/C would not turn on in that temp. The one in the bedroom started to freeze up so I had to turn it down. I suspect the guy downstairs had his heat on.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #155
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Can you open your windows overnight? (I forget quite all your health issues.) I do that as soon as the overnight temp is below 70. Well, and above 50 (we got down to at least 40 over the weekend nights.)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #156
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Okay it got really cold last night. It was 62 Degrees here! I foresee a problem. Even though it was cold outside it was 75 in here because the A/C would not turn on in that temp. The one in the bedroom started to freeze up so I had to turn it down. I suspect the guy downstairs had his heat on.
38F the other night up here.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #157
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Can you open your windows overnight? (I forget quite all your health issues.) I do that as soon as the overnight temp is below 70. Well, and above 50 (we got down to at least 40 over the weekend nights.)
No because of security reasons. I don't live in a good area and complex behind us has been having burglaries late at night left and right. There was arrest in the parking lot behind us last weekend I watch the fight from my window. Two women fighting in the pouring down rain over a guy. They arrested the guy but the women changed their story by the time the cops got here but that's the kind of place I live in now. Stabbings, fights, gun fire it's scary!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #158
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
38F the other night up here.
I'm looking forward to that here but I'm not sure if it get that cold in Raleigh.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #159
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
And you moved there why?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #160
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
And you moved there why?
We had another place picked out bit it fell through due to a leasing agent who just was too slow to care about renting the place. We wasted alot of time and money waiting on that place.

When we got here in May almost all apartments in our budget range were already taken for fall term for students. We had no idea about this as nothing on the internet could have prepare us for this. We had very little to choose from. Also very few people will rent to the unemployed so we had to get my father in law to come down here and do a co-sign and find a place in one day after staying in that nightmare hotel for a week.

When we toured this place there was no way of telling the true nature of these apartments. Almost everyone is gone in the day giving the illusion of a peaceful community add that to a southern cheery leasing agent who charmed the wits out of my husband and father in law and you get stuck here. Seeing it's near Cary we had no idea that it sat on the edge of a bad neighborhood in Raleigh. I had not yet found the Spot Crime website so I didn't know how to map out neighborhoods. I tried calling the local police but they weren't much help. The Cary police told us about Project Phoenix and to only apply to those but the ones we looked at there were not in great shape and it looked like party college type places.

Rent here is really high. We pay $900 a month for a 750sq apartment with no central air. Pooh says it's because of the students they jack up rent around here. Once we get back on our feet and when hubby finds a job we can re-evulate things but right now we're stuck.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #161
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
No because of security reasons. I don't live in a good area and complex behind us has been having burglaries late at night left and right. There was arrest in the parking lot behind us last weekend I watch the fight from my window. Two women fighting in the pouring down rain over a guy. They arrested the guy but the women changed their story by the time the cops got here but that's the kind of place I live in now. Stabbings, fights, gun fire it's scary!
But if you have somebody below you (who has his heat on) that makes you on the second floor. If you still can't open windows, even on the second floor? then perhaps you could request some burglar bars so that you can. Maybe?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #162
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
But if you have somebody below you (who has his heat on) that makes you on the second floor. If you still can't open windows, even on the second floor? then perhaps you could request some burglar bars so that you can. Maybe?
As for second floor with the way the building is at a incline it isn't really two stories up.

They already wasn't happy about the extra locks they probably laugh in our face if we ask for those. They like to pretend this is a nice safe community. They wasn't happy about the windows unit I put in it BUT we told them we were told we could or we would haven't moved in here. Seeing we face the back they let it go. I read some the reviews and it looks like once we moved they might try to charge more for installing locks and the unit.

We might have to crack them just enough so no one knows they are open but it let's some of that cool in but I worry about hubby's allergies. He's already having trouble every time they come out each week and cut the grass and weeds...etc. There's a creek behind us and it's muddy and you can smell the mold out there. I didn't even know there was one because when we moved it was so overgrown all I could see was trees and the parking lot. Someone complained and they cut all that overgrowth every week and now you can really smell it through the A/C at times. Also that little creek becomes a raging river when we get alot of rain, it hasn't flooded yet but who knows what's in it.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #163
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

OMG I woke up for the first time in Raleigh freezing! Who brought the cold! 42 Degrees! I had to put on a long sleeve sweatshirt. The A/C is off for the first time even the little one. It's 60 degrees in the bedroom and 66 in here. I need to find my snuggie! brrrrrr