Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #121
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Anyone in touch with Katti's Cat? She hasn't posted since February. I've tried contacting her via email - but have received no response.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #122
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
pshrynk anybody ?
I believe he and Zelda may be sharing the same powder room
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:08 AM   #123
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
Shel is okay, got 2 stitches and some antibiotics...but she can't type. So while I disappeared myownself, I am back for a limited engagement.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:15 AM   #124
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Shel is okay, got 2 stitches and some antibiotics...but she can't type. So while I disappeared myownself, I am back for a limited engagement.
dare we ask?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:48 AM   #125
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
dare we ask?
No pictures, but still not an image you want in your head before bed...

Spoiler:
You know those spear/spike things you keep on a business counter or desk? You skewer your bills, receipts and such on them. Anyway, the one at the store where Shel works is apparently a little sharper than usual or she just caught it at the wrong angle but it went under her nail. Problem is, this was a month or more ago, and it kept opening up even after it had grown out from under the nail; she couldn't do anything with that hand without it bleeding again. Well, after a box of bandaids it got so bad that finally she went to an outpatient clinic (they do pretty good work). Local-A, 2 stitches, a 30-day Keflex regimen, and a mild chastising (she'd seen this PA before) about waiting so damn long in the first place. She kept telling me we couldn't afford it since our insurance company changed; I thought better but you know how that goes.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #126
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
First of all. Ouch!!!

It sounds painful even reading about it.

Wishing her all of the best, and hoping to see her back again soon.

Cheers

Last edited by nohmi2; 07-28-2011 at 05:36 AM.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:12 AM   #127
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
I love it!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 AM   #128
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Ouch ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #129
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:

Spoiler:
You know those spear/spike things you keep on a business counter or desk? You skewer your bills, receipts and such on them. Anyway, the one at the store where Shel works is apparently a little sharper than usual or she just caught it at the wrong angle but it went under her nail. Problem is, this was a month or more ago, and it kept opening up even after it had grown out from under the nail; she couldn't do anything with that hand without it bleeding again. Well, after a box of bandaids it got so bad that finally she went to an outpatient clinic (they do pretty good work). Local-A, 2 stitches, a 30-day Keflex regimen, and a mild chastising (she'd seen this PA before) about waiting so damn long in the first place. She kept telling me we couldn't afford it since our insurance company changed; I thought better but you know how that goes.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

Please give her my love, and tell her I'm working my way through the Kate Shugak books now. Finished 1 and 2, and read "Breakup" out of order. Love this series.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #130
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:

Spoiler:
Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch OUCH!

Hope she's better soon.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #131
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Sorry for the unexpected departure, I have been insanely busy with the new job and just had to decide between sleep, my lovely wife and MR. It was close MR lost out by a single vote, but she does get the biggest vote

I'll be back from time to time, thanks everyone for you Birthday wishes, I'm going to drink a beer or 12 now to celebrate
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:51 AM   #132
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Sorry for the unexpected departure, I have been insanely busy with the new job and just had to decide between sleep, my lovely wife and MR. It was close MR lost out by a single vote, but she does get the biggest vote

I'll be back from time to time, thanks everyone for you Birthday wishes, I'm going to drink a beer or 12 now to celebrate
Brilliant news ! .... hic
Old 05-21-2011, 03:51 AM   #133
GeoffC

Has anyone heard whether the end of the world has started, yet ?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #134
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Has anyone heard whether the end of the world has started, yet ?
*waving from Heaven*
Old 05-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #135
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post

Good to see you m8