Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
Uluhara
Connoisseur
Uluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-booksUluhara has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-505
Maintain Blank-Line-Scene-Breaks while converting?

I need again ...

I am sloooowly working my way through my ebooks, converting all those texts I collected during the past 10 years ...

I use calibre to convert to htmlz, then take the html, import into word, format to my heart's content and make my ebooks ... works for me

Now I have many texts that use a "blank line" as an indicator for a scene break - if I convert those, the line disappears - I to manually insert it again ...

Is there a way to tell calibre "put something like »scene break here« into every blank line you find in the text I gave you to convert"?

Uluhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Assuming by "texts" you mean .txt files, you might have more luck if you convert TXT to EPUB directly.

You will also need to make sure the Convert - TXT Input - Paragraph Style box correctly reflects how your TXTs are formatted.

If "texts" means MSWord .doc files then try saving each .doc as a webpage-filtered .html file before importing to Calibre. Blank lines should be retained in the .html file, they will look something like <p>&nbsp;</p>. Then convert ZIP to EPUB.

Last edited by jackie_w; 06-18-2011 at 04:59 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote