Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
When will I ever learn? Dumb things you keep doing

Is there anything you find yourself doing repeatedly even though you should know better by now?

I wear mostly dresses during the work week and don't buy new casual cotton pants or jeans very often - maybe every other year - but still, you'd think by now I would remember that if I buy the size pants that fit comfortably in the store, by the time I actually wear them for an hour or two they will be baggy. I need some kind of app on my phone that would flash when I go into the pants section of the store to remind me to buy the size that seems a little too snug!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't seem to learn from history.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I keep buying ebooks, even though I already have more than I could read in several lifetimes. I also buy ereaders, even though actually I don't need more than one.

As to clothes, I'm the exact opposite. I hate snug clothes and most of mine are a number or two bigger than my actual number. I enjoy bagginess. And you won't find any dresses or skirts in my wardrobe. Haven't worn them since high school.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 12:08 AM   #3
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I like bagginess too but it's fun being able to buy smaller sized clothes since I lost weight. Agreed with the ebooks! I could never buy another one again and I'd never run out!(Yet I keep buying more).
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I like bagginess too but it's fun being able to buy smaller sized clothes since I lost weight. Agreed with the ebooks! I could never buy another one again and I'd never run out!(Yet I keep buying more).
Well, there are clothes that are designed to be loose (nothing wrong with that) and clothes that are designed to be more fitted. My problem has been buying pants s that are supposed to be more fitted, then after I wear them for a couple hours they look like I bought the wrong size (which apparently I did ) Haven't run into this problem with tops, just pants.

Fortunately I realized fairly soon after getting an ereader and joining Mobileread that the best way to avoid buying too many books was to shop only when I actually need something new to read. Occasionally I will buy a few books at a time but I probably don't have more than 10-12 unread books on my reader at any one time (as opposed to the dozens or more that I know some Mobilereaders have.) Mostly I stick with library books. If you don't read those before they expire they will remove themselves
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Fortunately I realized fairly soon after getting an ereader and joining Mobileread that the best way to avoid buying too many books was to shop only when I actually need something new to read. Occasionally I will buy a few books at a time but I probably don't have more than 10-12 unread books on my reader at any one time (as opposed to the dozens or more that I know some Mobilereaders have.) Mostly I stick with library books. If you don't read those before they expire they will remove themselves
I would be ecstatic if I had only several dozens of unread books! I have more like thousands. What can I say, my impulse control is extremely poor. At least regarding books (I had the same problem with paper books before switching to ebooks).

Library ebooks aren't really available in my country and in any case I've never been a library fan. I like to hoard!
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 07:48 PM   #6
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I would be ecstatic if I had only several dozens of unread books! I have more like thousands. What can I say, my impulse control is extremely poor. At least regarding books (I had the same problem with paper books before switching to ebooks).

Library ebooks aren't really available in my country and in any case I've never been a library fan. I like to hoard!
I'm in the hundreds. 373 books bought from Kobo plus several hundred more from other stores in calibre.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #7
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I'm in the hundreds. 373 books bought from Kobo plus several hundred more from other stores in calibre.
I have 628 on Kindle, all of which I've read at least once. The up side is that at my age, re-reading a book I read a few years ago is like reading it the first time. The ole memory is beginning to slip a bit.

The problem with that is if it's part of a series, it forces me to buy new ones published since I last read the series.

Le'see, if the average book is two inches thick that would be figger figger more than a hundred feet of books , that I'm carrying around in my phone.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 PM   #8
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I keep buying ebooks, even though I already have more than I could read in several lifetimes. I also buy ereaders, even though actually I don't need more than one.

As to clothes, I'm the exact opposite. I hate snug clothes and most of mine are a number or two bigger than my actual number. I enjoy bagginess. And you won't find any dresses or skirts in my wardrobe. Haven't worn them since high school.
Me too. Currently, I'm trying to make myself sell some of my ereaders. Hard though. And I have WAY too many ebooks and audiobooks that are yet unread.

As to clothes, I only wear loose shirts and jeans. I don't LIKE bagginess, and when I really care about it, I take out my sewing machine and make adjustments to reduce unnecessary bagginess. No skirts or dresses here since 1998.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote