Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Visuddhi
Visuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Simple way to add meta data to hundreds of epubs without changing the coding?

I have a couple of hundred epub files which i need to imput metadata.
Can anyone suggest an easy way to do this, i would prefer to keep the coding the same, so i dont’ want to use calibre to convert them, unless there is a way that i can add metadata with calibre without adding calibre coding. (Is this possible?)

I’ve created them with Sigil (on windows)
One possible way i can think of is opening the folder with ePubFixer combined with Tweek EPUB to edit the .opf by hand (copy and paste and a wee bit of typing)
Calibre would be great if it didn’t change the coding.
Any suggestions? Or if this has been answered already could you point me in the right direction
Thanks
Visuddhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
AFAIK there is no automatic way. You could try scripting or program something yourself.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Calibre can do metadata only and not change the rest of the file. Just add all your books to Calibre, format the metadata as desired, and then use the 'save to disk' feature with all the epubs selected. Calibre will save them to the configured destination directory with all the metadata updated. All the html, toc, etc will remain unchanged.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I believe the metadata is only updated in the content.opf on the disk, not in the file.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I believe the metadata is only updated in the content.opf on the disk, not in the file.
Yes, but the modified file is saved with "Save to disk".

You can also use Calibre's command-line tool ebook-meta.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 09:09 PM   #6
Visuddhi
Visuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheeseVisuddhi can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Hi Guys
Thanks for your response

The 'save to disk' on calibre works

@Toxaris perhaps some day i will write some program, however its been many a year since my ungainly C monolingual programming skills have been used.
Visuddhi is offline   Reply With Quote