Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
New e-Book light at Target

I found what I think is a new e-Reading book light at Target this weekend. It's similar to the Kandle, but uses a different clip system, which seems to be more stable.

I've been playing with it for a few days and am impressed with the light weight, even dispersion of light, and the firm clip, so it doesn't flop around like traditional book lights. I'm most happy because it fits perfectly on my Opus - I've had a hard time finding a clip light, since the bezel is small.

Below are a couple pics, and I have more on my blog: eBook-Lite
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eBook-Lite.jpg
Views:	1109
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	56262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nook+eBook-Lite.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	56263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Opus+eBook-Lite.jpg
Views:	1075
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	56264  
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Thanks for this tip.

I tried the Kandle on my PB360 - the clip was too tight and the light was too thin. I was worried I'd break the bezel on my ereader.

This, with its wider area, looks much better.

Again, thanks.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Thanks! I might have to pick this one up.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Looks nice. When I was using my Kindle, I hated using a stinking Mighty Bright. Always had to mess around to avoid glare, yet get even coverage. Then would accidentally knock it out of place. Argh.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #5
taug
taug began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505, PRS-T1
I've been using this on my Sony 505 for a couple of weeks. It does a nice job illuminating the screen uniformly with just a line or two at the bottom being slightly darker than the rest. It's not enough of a difference that it distracts me when I'm reading. The low price is also a huge plus. All in all, I'm very happy with this light.

Thanks for the tip.
taug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
ellimak
I spit hot fire
ellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blueellimak can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Nook, or as I call him, Sir Nookington
Thanks for the recommendation! It looks great; I might have to pick one up.
ellimak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
I tried to find the ebook lite at a local Target without any luck. Nor can I find it online. Anyone know of any online sources? Or a Target in Connecticut that carries the light?
Frankr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 PM   #8
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
e-Book-lite for jetBook-lite?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
definitely worth a look if I ever make it to a Target again...it's a 60mi round-trip and well, Target is not quite worth the effort....hehehe...

I have yet to find any reader lighting setup/device that works very well for me as I tend to be distracted by the lights themselves or that all lights must live with the good old inverse square law for light fall-off leaving really brightly lighted top areas and too dark areas directly opposite the light itself.

But also I can never seem to find a comfy position to hold the reader so the light doesn't hit me in the eyes. Still this light looks promising...will try one out soon as I am able...thanks for sharing!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I like that light. Hopefully an online store starts to carry it so I can order one for my Kindle wifi.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
cynthia399
cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Astak Mentor
I've been using this light with my nook for about 3 weeks and they make a lovely pair. The light is just right, it fills the whole screen and you can tilt it slightly to get the perfect angle and it uses AAA bateries.
cynthia399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

if a savvy eBay'er were to hunt on eBay there is a seller who at last look had two of these lights for $6.99 + $3.50 shipping...don't know the seller so it's NOT an endorsement but rather a source.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Graphite/Black model coming?

Didn't realize this thread got bumped back up. I'm still happily using this light - I'm on my third set of AAA batteries in 35 days, so its giving me about 28-30 hours per set. Rather than flickering as the batteries get low, the light dims. So when it starts to get unreadable, I go to bed rather than wake up the better half trying to fumble for new ones

I also contacted the company, Capstone Industries, to let them know how much I like the light, and was told about a new model coming:

Quote:
In October/November you will be able to find a black eReader-Lite in the booklight section of Target. This unit is slightly different in that it has no pouch, is not rubberized, and has no chrome accents.
The pouch is still in the box, and I could take or leave the "chrome" accents. I do like the feel of the rubberized plastic, but it should still be a nice alternative if you like your like to match your device or case.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #14
brecklundin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
Didn't realize this thread got bumped back up. I'm still happily using this light - I'm on my third set of AAA batteries in 35 days, so its giving me about 28-30 hours per set. Rather than flickering as the batteries get low, the light dims. So when it starts to get unreadable, I go to bed rather than wake up the better half trying to fumble for new ones

I also contacted the company, Capstone Industries, to let them know how much I like the light, and was told about a new model coming:

The pouch is still in the box, and I could take or leave the "chrome" accents. I do like the feel of the rubberized plastic, but it should still be a nice alternative if you like your like to match your device or case.
Wow, that's quite a drain for LED lights...I would have expected a lot longer battery life. But if it's doing a good job perhaps invest in a couple sets of Eneloop AAA batteries (sets 4 or even 8 on Amazon at a decent price with a charger) with a charger because that is a ton of cost/yr at 6-batteries in just 35-days. With the Eneloops you can always have at least on fresh pair ready to go and with 8 (4 prs) you get a nice rotation of sets. Eneloops don't really lose charge sitting on the shelf for a good 9-12 months...other NiMH batteries are not so good at holding their charge. There are also new Zinc batteries I haven't read up on too much yet.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #15
simplyparticular
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Wow, that's quite a drain for LED lights...I would have expected a lot longer battery life. But if it's doing a good job perhaps invest in a couple sets of Eneloop AAA batteries (sets 4 or even 8 on Amazon at a decent price with a charger) with a charger because that is a ton of cost/yr at 6-batteries in just 35-days. With the Eneloops you can always have at least on fresh pair ready to go and with 8 (4 prs) you get a nice rotation of sets. Eneloops don't really lose charge sitting on the shelf for a good 9-12 months...other NiMH batteries are not so good at holding their charge. There are also new Zinc batteries I haven't read up on too much yet.
I'm using a 12 pack of AAAs that I picked up for a dollar store light I bought and tossed when the clip disintegrated, so I've still got 3 pr left. I can afford 50 cents a month.

That might also be why they drain faster than you expected. There are 3 LED light bulbs those two AAAs are powering.