Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Stopping Process

This is probably a very stupid question, but I haven't been able to find the answer searching. A couple of times while trying to send books to my ereader (sd card) Calibre has just choked and would keep trying and trying forever. I am only sending about 10 books at a time, so I don't think it is sending too many books at a time. Maybe they are corrupt or something.
But, I don't guess it really matters what is wong with the books, I guess I just need to know if there is a way to stop Calibre from trying to send the books once I have already started? I have tried to 'stop process' but I get the message that it can't stop a process that is communicating with the device. The only way I have been able to stop it was by shutting down Calibre, which corrupts the books on my reader(or that is what the warning is).
I'm sure there is some easy way to do this, and I'm just missing it!!
Thanks for the info!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to stop a device job. Device jobs typically are in the middle of writing some data to the device, stopping this in any manner is never 100% safe.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is what I was afraid of. So what do I do when it gets stuck at 58% sending books to device for an hour? Will it eventually work itself out?
Sorry to be so daft!
Love the program by the way! I saw Kim Komando was even talking about how great our program is. I'm glad you are getting the recognition you deserve!
S
Old 05-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If it is stuck, then you can quit calibre. In any case being stuck means that the job has been stopped/interrupted.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
silverraven
Guru

OK, thanks! Always grateful for your assistance.
s
Advert