Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
carrie
Enthusiast
carrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't littercarrie doesn't litter

Device: BeBook
Can you read SD Card direct?

I've have a bebook with a 4gb SD card extra storage.

At first Calibre would read the card no problem but now I have more books on the card Calibre spends 20-30 mins reading the card & reader then gives me the message error communicating with the device. Then in disconnects my reader from the computer automatically and I have to reconnect.

Quote:
(3, 'The system cannot find the path specified')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 68, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 283, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 162, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 293, in sync_booklists
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'F:\\'
It just won't read the card & reader correctly. If I take the SD card out Calibre will work fine with just the reader.

Is there any way to read the card through Calibre when it's actually inserted into my computers card reader rather than through my Bebook and connecting that to Calibre? I need to see which books are missing and haven't been loaded on to it, I know I missing loads and I have hundreds of authors. To go through each author manually and find the missing books will take weeks.
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie View Post
I've have a bebook with a 4gb SD card extra storage.

At first Calibre would read the card no problem but now I have more books on the card Calibre spends 20-30 mins reading the card & reader then gives me the message error communicating with the device. Then in disconnects my reader from the computer automatically and I have to reconnect.

It just won't read the card & reader correctly. If I take the SD card out Calibre will work fine with just the reader.

Is there any way to read the card through Calibre when it's actually inserted into my computers card reader rather than through my Bebook and connecting that to Calibre? I need to see which books are missing and haven't been loaded on to it, I know I missing loads and I have hundreds of authors. To go through each author manually and find the missing books will take weeks.
Yes, you can use the card with any SDcard reader.
Sounds like you have file system corruption (happens on my Astak PP),.
Windows: QUIT Calibre (not just close).
Explore My computer. Find the drive that represents the SDcard.
Right-click Properties
Tools tab, "Check for errors" "Check now" button
tick "Fix" Start.
Error fragments will be dumped into a (hidden) folder "found.000" (which you need to delete to get the space back.
Or
Just format the card (the down side is you will lose all bookmarks and may need to re-authorize the card with ADE)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
carrie
Enthusiast

Tried the drivers but no success

Had to reformat the card. Once I manage to get my books back on we will see if it's fixed the problem
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
You can use either the connect to folder or save to disk options to transfer books to a SD card in a card reader.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-10-2010 at 09:04 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can you either the connect to folder or save to disk options to transfer books to a SD card in a card reader.
^Thanks, I forgot to say those words when I said YES to using a Card reader.
Overly Terse is my middle name
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
carrie
Enthusiast

Quote:
save to disk
Hand -> Forehead!!

Don't worry daft is my middle name
Old 08-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hand -> Forehead!!

Don't worry daft is my middle name
Connect to Folder actually has some benefits it lets you know what books are in the folder when you connect and you still use send to device to send books to the folder.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Connect to Folder actually has some benefits it lets you know what books are in the folder when you connect and you still use send to device to send books to the folder.
Plus, it has the nice benefit of comparing the books in the folder to the books already in your library.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #9
carrie
Enthusiast

Thanks guys, the 'connect to folder' function is great.

Never used it before because the 'send to device' work fine but I think I prefer the 'connect' function.

Unfortunately in the continuing saga of my transferring to my card, it has become corrupted *sigh*
Can't even format it - New card it is then
Old 08-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Thanks guys, the 'connect to folder' function is great.

Never used it before because the 'send to device' work fine but I think I prefer the 'connect' function.

Unfortunately in the continuing saga of my transferring to my card, it has become corrupted *sigh*
Can't even format it - New card it is then
Did you bump the little Write Lock thingy on the card edge?

You can't format or write a locked card
Old 08-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
carrie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you bump the little Write Lock thingy on the card edge?

You can't format or write a locked card
Yep it's unlocked. Definitely the card. Can't do anything with it, add, delete, nada.

However perfect success with the new card and the 'connect' option