Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Bigger & Brighter coming out with light for Reader

I went to this website to look at their lights and thought the Relight 4-LED light might be good, so called them.

They said it really would not do, but were working with Sony to develop a light specfically for the Reader. I was told it would be out next week on their website (above).

Unfortunately, it is not rechargable, but hopefully it will work well. They did not yet know the model number or price, but said to check the site next week.

Fingers crossed.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Ive been using the 4 led rechargeable light and found it very handy with the reader.
Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #3
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchll
Ive been using the 4 led rechargeable light and found it very handy with the reader.
Mitch
Interesting, Mitchll.

1. I gather then it must be bright enough and covers the whole "page," yes?

2. How about attaching it to the cover. Any problem there?

I will wait for the new one, but may then get the 4-LED job if it works so well.

Thanks.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
I've beem clipping it to the cover on my right side(the fromt cover bent under the reader). The light is adjustable both at the head and at the bottom and has two settings for brightness. By fiddling with the head and stem adjustments I can get a lot of light over the screen without a real spot effect.
Mitch
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
TheMadBrewer
Connoisseur
TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura Limited Edition, Kindle Voyager.
I just bought my Reader today and love it so far, but I am going to need a clip on light of some sort for travel. It needs to take AA or AAA batteries though and the only one at Brighter and Brighter seems to be the "Spike" which doesn't look like it would work with Reader.

Anybody have a recommendation for a good light?
TheMadBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
pinenut
pinenut began at the beginning.

I searched google for reading lights and found this one on amazon.com.

I would like to know if it will clip on to the reader. Have you used it for it?

Last edited by pinenut; 01-03-2007 at 10:54 AM.
pinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
It needs to take AA or AAA batteries though and the only one at Brighter and Brighter seems to be the "Spike" which doesn't look like it would work with Reader.
I've looked at the spike light, and I think it would work, you'd just have to clip it over the cover, probably in the fold when you've got the cover folded back all the way. Barnes & Noble often stock that light, so you may be able to visit one and try it out.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #8
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I have a clip on that is similar and it works okay, clips on just fine.

Next week huh? I never did get a response to my second email I wrote them.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote