Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
n3xtITA
n3xtITA began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Total number of book page

Hi all, I purchased a book from the Kobo store. The format is kepub. While reading shows me down the number of pages of that chapter. How do I show him the pages of the entire book?

Example:

Read 15/18 Chapter 1 to Total number of book: 15/368
n3xtITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3xtITA View Post
Hi all, I purchased a book from the Kobo store. The format is kepub. While reading shows me down the number of pages of that chapter. How do I show him the pages of the entire book?

Example:

Read 15/18 Chapter 1 to Total number of book: 15/368
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=218376 has a lot of optioms you can add to the Kobo config file, including one that does this.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
n3xtITA

it work on kobo aura hd? i dont found [FeatureSettings] on config file
Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3xtITA View Post
it work on kobo aura hd? i dont found [FeatureSettings] on config file
Yes, it does. Just add the '[FeatureSettings]' as well, like this:

[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=True
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
n3xtITA

ty it work
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
One of the things that annoys me about kepubs is the chapter numbers, so I tried adding this and it works greats! It gives the chapter and total page count.

But when I went back to my preferred epub, it only lists "Pg. 255" and no longer lists "Pg. 255 of 479" for instance. Is there any other line that will work with kepub but not change epub display of the pages?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post

[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=True
I am lost and confused add [FeatureSettings] sounds simple but where and how do I access the config file on Kobo Aura?

I have tried looking via claibre, on the device and via the Kobo App.

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
When you plug your Aura via the USB cable to your PC, the path for the file you need to edit is:

.kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf *

Open that .conf file into any text editor and just add those lines to it and save. Unplug and enjoy seeing full book pages on your kepubs.

*That's the path on the Glo, I'm assuming directory structure will be the same for the AuraHD.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
When you plug your Aura via the USB cable to your PC, the path for the file you need to edit is:

.kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf *

Open that .conf file into any text editor and just add those lines to it and save. Unplug and enjoy seeing full book pages on your kepubs.

*That's the path on the Glo, I'm assuming directory structure will be the same for the AuraHD.
The path structure is identical (and has been like that since the original Kobo).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #10
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Thanks heaps guys, It works, I think these forums are populated by geniuses, I can never work this stuff out without your help.

John
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
Polynésia
Polynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPolynésia can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post

[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=True
Hello,

It does not work on Kepub because it indicates a total number of pages visionary and it really kind of pages 2 to 35 then 72 etc ...
Polynésia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynésia View Post
Hello,

It does not work on Kepub because it indicates a total number of pages visionary and it really kind of pages 2 to 35 then 72 etc ...
Hi Polynésia, what doesn't work exactly?

1. Plug in your Kobo to the computer;
2. Open the file Ripplinger posted above: .kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf *
3. Add the code in this file
[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=True
4. SAVE the file, then close it
5. Eject your Kobo
6. RESTART your Kobo

You should now see Page 2 of 452 (for instance), and not of 35 or 72.

*If you are working from a Mac, the .kobo folder will be invisible. To view it:
1. From the Finder, go to menu "Go"
2. Click on "Go to Folder..." down the bottom of the "Go" menu
3. A field will open, type in "/Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo"
4. Hit go. You will find the config file in the "Kobo" folder
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #13
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hi Polynésia, what doesn't work exactly?

1. Plug in your Kobo to the computer;
2. Open the file Ripplinger posted above: .kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf *
3. Add the code in this file
[FeatureSettings]
FullBookPageNumbers=True
4. SAVE the file, then close it
5. Eject your Kobo
6. RESTART your Kobo

You should now see Page 2 of 452 (for instance), and not of 35 or 72.
Can you clarify what you mean by "RESTART your Kobo"? Do you mean power off and power back on; paper clip reset? I'm wondering if maybe this is at the heart of my freezing issues using this feature....

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Power Off / Power On... No more; no less

Are you also sure you only have a single [FeatureSettings] section in the conf file?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #15
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Power Off / Power On... No more; no less

Are you also sure you only have a single [FeatureSettings] section in the conf file?
Thanks, Peter. I'm 99% positive I only have a single [FeatureSettings] section as I had to add it to my conf file; it wasn't already there to begin with.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote