Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #31
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
He's probably using the dedicated emoji keyboard in iOS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Correct, except he is a she.
Thanks!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #32
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I say Apple will drop the iPad 5 on us on May 31st. Big Announcement in T minus 41 days.
After yesterday's call, it almost a certainty that there's nothing to announce before September.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you talking about the Apple "leak" that says to expect the iPad 5 in the Fall?

See there! Even Apple can be wrong about the date. T-38 days!
Old 04-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #34
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I am waiting on a bigger announcement tomorrow.
It came a day late. And not from Apple. MS just announced their announcement of when they will announce the Xbox will be released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
After yesterday's call, it almost a certainty that there's nothing to announce before September.
WWDC June 10th, almost certainly we'll see a Mac Pro release. And probably also some iOS7 announcement.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I think afv011 is referring to Tim Cook's comments:

http://mashable.com/2013/04/23/apple-no-new-products/

Quote:
Apple's CEO Tim Cook suggested during the March quarter earnings call Tuesday that the company will not be releasing any new products until the fall. "Our teams are hard at work on some amazing new hardware, software and services we can't wait to introduce this fall and throughout 2014," Cook said.

When asked to clarify later in the call whether this meant no new products would come during the summer, Cook remained somewhat vague. "I dont want to be more specific, but I'm just saying we've got some really great stuff coming in the fall and across all of 2014."
Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #36
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

Graham
Exactly, thanks for offering the quote.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Ehhh... what does Tim Cook know?

Seriously, they should put something out there. This is not good for Apple's image. From the article (my emphasis):
Quote:
If true, this isn't just disappointing to consumers aching for a new Apple product, but also for investors. It has been more than six months since Apple held its last big launch event for a new product — the iPad Mini in October. With no new products on the horizon, investors and analysts have filled the void by speculating about the company's decline. Apple's stock dropped from more than $600 when the iPad Mini was announced to less than $400 earlier this month.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:28 AM   #38
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I know how to make folders. They aren't very usable though. I forget where I put things since some things can be considered as multiple categories. I get lost in all the icons too because I can tell what app is what based on their icons, but all the folders look the same and the text blends in with everything since the labels are pretty small.
I use folders on my iPad and iPhone but like you, have trouble determining which folder contains what. ("oh.. now did I categorise this as that, or this as something else entirely??")

Considering reverting to pages for apps. at least when you swipe through you can see them better. On the phone, also, its a PITA (more so, really, because the icons and text are even smaller). Think I might just use a folder on the last page for apps I don't use and can't delete.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 AM   #39
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
So it was truly predictable that Apple would release the iPad 4 last Fall during the annual iPhone/iPod release? I don't think so. That was a first and many were quite surprised.
Surprised and annoyed. I had only bought "The new ipad" 6 months before, and already it was out of date. Still using it, however, one simply cannot update every single time.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 AM   #40
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post

Graham
Ah, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Cook
we've got some really great stuff coming in the fall and across all of 2014.
I read that as they've got something *big* comming in the fall, and something 'normal' the rest of 2014.. Am I the only one?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I use folders on my iPad and iPhone but like you, have trouble determining which folder contains what. ("oh.. now did I categorise this as that, or this as something else entirely??")
Android allows you to put the same app in multiple folders. Wish Apple would do the same thing.

Quote:
Think I might just use a folder on the last page for apps I don't use and can't delete.
I do that on my iPod touch. I labeled it Spam
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #42
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I read that as they've got something *big* comming in the fall, and something 'normal' the rest of 2014.. Am I the only one?
2014 is next year.
It does imply nothing coming in 2013 until the fall.

If they release updates every 6 months, they get criticized for releasing products too quickly and milking the userbase. If they don't, they get criticized for not releasing products fast enough. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #43
David Munch
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
2014 is next year.
It does imply nothing coming in 2013 until the fall.
What, this is not 2014?? I must have been using the wrong calender..

Quote:
If they release updates every 6 months, they get criticized for releasing products too quickly and milking the userbase. If they don't, they get criticized for not releasing products fast enough. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Indeed. People can never be satisfied..
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Surprised and annoyed. I had only bought "The new ipad" 6 months before, and already it was out of date. Still using it, however, one simply cannot update every single time.
Don't feel bad. I'm still using the Original flavor iPad 1. It won't even run OS 6, and a couple of my apps require OS 6 for an update.

I have a feeling that when iPad 5 does come out, it will be running on OS 7.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #45
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Android allows you to put the same app in multiple folders. Wish Apple would do the same thing.
Yes, I wish Apple implemented an equivalent to shortcuts on PC/Mac that would allow me to put the same app on different screens or in different folders. I have tried to find an iOS app to do that, but the ones I found just didn't work as expected, or seem to create a shortcut on the iPad that will launch a web link that will launch an app, which kind of tickles my paranoia, plus it's not very useful when you're not online, which happens to me frequently.

Since reading the comments about folders on this thread, I have embarked on a complete reorganization of screens and folders on my iPad. Now it's a complete mess and I can't find anything.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote