Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #1
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Feature Request: clickable Cover Browser & font size

I enjoy cover browser view quite a lot (it makes my ebooks so physical I can almost feel them in my hand).

It is not very usable, though (at least not for me). I would love to be able to click on the covers I can partly see and move on to their descriptions straight away (if it's not way to complicated to implement). Then I could use Cover Browser on a daily basis.

Plus, because of the font size, book titles in Cover Browser are often divided in the middle of a word which is not a nice view. An option to make the font smaller or to block word-division would be great.

Last edited by Joanna; 04-21-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
What would be awesome is to click on a cover, and have it swivel round and display the description right there on the back of the book.

I imagine there is a way to do that too, but I also imagine its out of the scope of present developers.

Still I "second" your suggestion Joanna, as I use cover browser a lot and it could be so much better.

You could, go into settings and pop out cover browser, then double click to pop out the details pane - then arrange both windows on the screen so you can scroll along in Cover browser and see the description, it's a cludge, and due to details window being mostly useless, you have to scroll vertically to see the description, and you also get a duplicate of the image, but may serve for now.

By mostly useless, i mean that it can not be edited to not show the image, the image can not be resized to show more details. the Description/summary of the book can not be moved to the top, as it's the description that is most important, to be forced to scroll on every long one is a pain. When its poped out, you cant even adjust the very narrow size of the text box, making it even more painful to use. (I only say this because I care )
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Have you tried switching the setting Preferences - Look&Feel - User interface layout from Wide to Narrow? The screen layout may suit you better. Just an idea.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote