Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
ladyashk
Enthusiast
ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ladyashk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600 (2009, Nook Simple Touch (2012), KPW2 (2013), KPW4 (2021)
Exclamation Exceptional internal memory state Formatting

I just got a new Sony PRS-600 last week and have since been trying to load books on it.

When I connected it to my PC, it was recognised and installed and I could see 4 separate drives. then the Sony Reader Library was installed and I attempted to add books to my reader. However, for some reason (no clue what), the Reader Library froze.

Since I also had Calibre installed on my machine, I thought I'd try to load books using that. However, when I tried to load the books on my reader, my PC suddenly restarted ( I believe that is an issue with my PC).

As a result, I disconnected my reader (without going through the 'Safely remove this device' in Windows). But now my Sony reader had a message on the screen -
" Exceptional internal memory state Formatting"
ANd on clicking OK, the reader was formatted. Since then, everytime I try to connect my reader, my PC takes atleast half an hour to recognise the device and then it shows the message that my Reader drive had some errors and whether I wanted to scan it and fix it .

I can't load any books on my reader. Does anyone know what could be the problem with it?
ladyashk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
memory, prs-600