Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #16
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if you are using an older browser this may not work, but if you are using an older browser you should upgrade for MANY reasons and not just opening in new tab. i recommend upgrading to Firefox.
She could have an older mouse too. The scroll wheels didn't originally have button functionality also.

@pea If you press the scroll wheel... does it click... feel like you are pushing a button? Turn over your mouse... does a little light shine in your eye or does it have a little rubber ball in the bottom?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
She could have an older mouse too. The scroll wheels didn't originally have button functionality also.

@pea If you press the scroll wheel... does it click... feel like you are pushing a button? Turn over your mouse... does a little light shine in your eye or does it have a little rubber ball in the bottom?

BOb
ah yes, good point, it could be the mouse. but in any case even if the wheel does not work, you can still use the right click method.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:55 AM   #18
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Or maybe something like ctrl + left click... it depends on the browser and system configuration.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Or maybe something like ctrl + left click... it depends on the browser and system configuration.
right. or on an older mac you can use apple + click, i believe (correct me if i'm wrong, i haven't used on in a while).
Old 01-22-2009, 09:28 AM   #20
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

BOb
It has that rubber ball and the scroll wheel is also a button! A ball doesn't imply it's not a modern mouse...

*cuddles her ancient logitech mouse*

I noticed it does work on FF3, but not on 2.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It has that rubber ball and the scroll wheel is also a button! A ball doesn't imply it's not a modern mouse...

*cuddles her ancient logitech mouse*

Quote:
I noticed it does work on FF3, but not on 2.
ah, that's possible... i can't remember which version i was using when i started using center click to open in new tab.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found it!

I installed the mouseware software, otherwise my thumb button isn't recognized and I use that for "minimize all" (aka boss button...). Default, that software uses the "standard scrollwheel functionality" for, well, the scroll wheel (makes sense, right?) I put that to "standard third button functionality" and now it works in FF2 too (I got FF3 installed on a virtual pc where I didn't install the mouseware).
Old 01-22-2009, 10:04 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I found it!

I installed the mouseware software, otherwise my thumb button isn't recognized and I use that for "minimize all" (aka boss button...). Default, that software uses the "standard scrollwheel functionality" for, well, the scroll wheel (makes sense, right?) I put that to "standard third button functionality" and now it works in FF2 too (I got FF3 installed on a virtual pc where I didn't install the mouseware).
well, of course, if you start customising software left and right and setting preferences then you can't expect the normal default behaviour ! i'm glad you've got it all sorted now.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #24
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Um... it doesn't? Do they still make mice with mechanical balls?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #25
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I have one... but the ball is on top of it, i.e., it is a trackball Well, it was bought ~5 years ago, and then I could only find one model, I don't know if they still make them.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #26
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

BOb
No, they probably don't make them anymore, but my mouse was ahead of its time! It has 4 mouse buttons when most didn't even have 3...