Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Get a 32gb micro sd card for your Nook HD/HD+ for just $11.99 (rebate required)

Just wanted to pass on this offer to fellow HD/HD+ owners ....

Newegg has an Adata 32gb class 4 micro sd card for 11.99 after rebate. Offer good from 10/15-10/21.

Costs 21.99 up front. You have until 11/11 to return a rebate form which is for $10.

I just bought one for my Nook HD+.

Here is the link to the offer.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Thanks for posting this. I just this morning ordered the Adata card after reading about their offer here and have downloaded the rebate form to send in when I receive the card.
My HD+ thanks you too!!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Thank you so much. I don't have a Nook, but I have been in the market for "anything larger than 20GB" in an SD form factor for a while. Micro SD not only solves that problem, but gives additional flexibility. Woo hoo!

That is a great price!
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm glad some others are able to take advantage of this deal.

I like that the offer is from Newegg. I've used Newegg for over 10 years and they are one of the most reputable etailers I've ever dealt with. I've never had to return anything I've ever bought from them. And shipping is speedy. I ordered the card yesterday morning around 8:30 am and I got the shipping notification for it by 1 pm.

theinfamousj, yes this card is flexible and can be used as a general flash/storage drive too because it also comes with a USB reader. I don't currently have one for a micro sd card so it will come in handy.

--Pat
Old 10-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
And Newegg has an attorney who is not afraid of patent trolls. He's beaten several of them and Newegg can have my business for that alone.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
And Newegg has an attorney who is not afraid of patent trolls. He's beaten several of them and Newegg can have my business for that alone.

What are you referring to? I'd be interested to read about this. Any links?

I got the micro sd card yesterday already. Newegg has a main distribution center right across the river in NJ, and so even with their cheapest shipping options, I often get Newegg items the very next day.

The card works great and I'm playing music off it right now with my Nook HD. The mini USB drive also works great. It's so tiny and will come in handy. The blue lights on it even flicker!

EDIT: hwlester, thanks for mentioning Newegg and its war against the patent trolls. I was totally unaware of this. I did a search and found this fascinating article. I think even higher of Newegg now, if that is possible. Kudos to them. And I'm very surprised that a company like Amazon just rolled over and gave in to the trolls instead of fighting like Newegg did. I'm very much against the excessive patent litigation today, especially in the U.S.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 10-18-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
EDIT: hwlester, thanks for mentioning Newegg and its war against the patent trolls. I was totally unaware of this. I did a search and found this fascinating article. I think even higher of Newegg now, if that is possible. Kudos to them. And I'm very surprised that a company like Amazon just rolled over and gave in to the trolls instead of fighting like Newegg did. I'm very much against the excessive patent litigation today, especially in the U.S.
That's one of several articles on ARSTechnica. The lawyer is hilarious... he's like "Bring it on!". Just found the following on Newegg while Googling for it:

Newegg's Fight Patent Trolls T-Shirt

hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I ordered one....I think one of our Nooks is cardless.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks, great deal.

You can make it an even better deal with a 10 percent off promo code: SAVETENOCT18Q. You have to provide your e-mail address to enter the code; it brings the price down to $19.79--so $9.79 after the mail-in rebate.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
You snooze, you lose. It's now sold out, and I waited too long.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Disappointed with our post office

It looks like no Adata 32 gb sd card for me or my sony HD. I went to my locked mail box today to get my mail. Inside with my mail was a bubble wrap envelope from Newegg. Unfortunately it had been slit open with what appeared to be a knife and the contents taken. I feel robbed. I drove over to our nearest regular post office and spoke to the supervisor. But I really don't expect the post office to do anything, even though they are apparently responsible. After all, being the mail delivery agents, they should be making sure that our mail is delivered in the shape it was mailed. Very disappointing. In the future I will have my deliveries made by fed ex or UPS.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
That's terrible....I got mine in the padded envelope today, and it was fine. The envelope is about 9 x 12.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
If you don't feel that the local PO supervisor is interested, report it directly to the Postal Inspection Service.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...ipthieves.aspx
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
BTW, the current "Shell Shocker" special at Newegg is a PNY Polaroid brand 32 GB SDHC (full size) card. It's $14.99 with free shipping via their 4 to 7 day Super Eggsaver. (I assume that's US only -- check the details).

Technically, there will be another special in half an hour, but this should still be available (unless they sell out) until midnight Pacific (US) time.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #15
Kaysclie
Addict

Booklover6
I too received the padded bubble envelope of that size today, except mine was sliced all the way across one end and the contents removed. And my mailbox is locked! I am very very angry and will report this further to higher ups after I talk to the mail carrier tomorrow.

Cromag
Thank you for the link to the Postal Inspection Service. That looks like my next contact....probably tomorrow. How low is it to slice open people's mail and steal from them! Easy to lose faith in our postal service.