Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Mikey1969
Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nook SimpleTouch rooted, can I manage Shelves now?

Hi all,

I know that B&N is somehow playing the moron card regarding shelf management, and not allowing it from a computer, which is the only way to do it when your collection gets over a hundred books or so.

I also know that Calibre can't manage this until things change on B&N's end. It's why I rooted my nook tonight.

The question I have is now that the nook is rooted, is Calibre able to do this? If not, does anyone know of an app that can use to replace the stock Library app so that I can organize my view better? I really would like something that would give me various views, such as cover, details, list, etc., and be able to be organized from my PC, rather than a bunch of click, click, click on the nook screen.

If I'm S.O.L., oh well... I love my nook, and Calibre is an awesome app, I'm not giving either up.

Thanks guys
Mikey1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should probably ask in the Nook forum, but I vaguely remember there being various library view apps for rooted Nooks that do much better than the B&N one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1969 View Post
If not, does anyone know of an app that can use to replace the stock Library app so that I can organize my view better? I really would like something that would give me various views, such as cover, details, list, etc., and be able to be organized from my PC, rather than a bunch of click, click, click on the nook screen.
If you're version of Android is 2.3 or newer then Calibre Companion might be a solution to your problem. I use it on my Nexus 7 and I am quite happy with the product.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If you're version of Android is 2.3 or newer then Calibre Companion might be a solution to your problem. I use it on my Nexus 7 and I am quite happy with the product.
The nook touch/glowlight use Android 2.1.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Mikey1969
Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
First off: Major thanks to @kovidgoyal. I have only posted a few times here, but I think he has responded every time. I really, REALLY appreciate a developer that is that committed to their product. Not only is this great software, but the support is very impressive.

Second: Thanks for the other tips. I'll see if I can get a ROM that has at least 2.3 and maybe then I can try Caliber Companion. I really don't understand why B&N is taking the moron approach on this.

When I get around to flashing a new ROM, I will post success or failure report for how everything works.

Thanks again, everyone. If anyone else has tips to post, I'll still be checking this thread.
Mikey1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1969 View Post
First off: Major thanks to @kovidgoyal. I have only posted a few times here, but I think he has responded every time. I really, REALLY appreciate a developer that is that committed to their product. Not only is this great software, but the support is very impressive.

Second: Thanks for the other tips. I'll see if I can get a ROM that has at least 2.3 and maybe then I can try Caliber Companion. I really don't understand why B&N is taking the moron approach on this.

When I get around to flashing a new ROM, I will post success or failure report for how everything works.

Thanks again, everyone. If anyone else has tips to post, I'll still be checking this thread.
There is no android 2.3 for nook touch.
Best option is to use coolreader or fbreader apps to read as they have built-in shelf systems. Coolreader has been compatible with nook touch for a long time you get it from google play store and fbreaderj recently came out with a version specificaly for nook touch recently

http://fbreader.org/content/fbreader-nook-simple-touch
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote