Notices

Old 11-21-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
donpopo
Enthusiast
donpopo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Touch 2
Problem to move from one page to the next in the list of books

Hello forum,
I use for a few months a Kobo Aura Touch 2. I'm getting used to it slowly.
However, I have difficulty going from one page to another, not during reading, but when I consult the list of books or my collections; indeed, when I slide my finger to go to the next page, it happens very often that a book is selected and opened. No way to go to the other page, the book opens in reading mode.
Is there a trick to avoid this problem of inadvertent selection?
I tried different ways to go from one page to another; nothing works.
If anyone has an answer to this problem,
thank you in advance,
donpopo
donpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you tap the page number (or go to page next to it) you should get a keyboard input for page number....

You can also try to do the swipe at the very bottom of the screen where there is no book to select accidentally.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
donpopo
Enthusiast

Thank you for these elements of answer. Switching from page to page with the search page button is not very practical and quite heavy.
On the other hand, the second idea is excellent. I had not imaged that we could slide down the screen sideways. I was always sliding my finger up and down.
Thank you so much.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
that's good news then I guess... from your description I thought you maybe had an erratic touch screen but yeah, pageflips are supposed to be horizontal swipes, or at least, I never tried to do vertical scrolling on an ereader
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 02:00 AM   #5
donpopo
Enthusiast

fact scrolling from page to page also works from the bottom up, but it is enough that the finger lingers a little on an ebook, and this one is selected.
the proposal to scroll horizontally down the screen is really the ideal.