Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
dblack
dblack has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: ebookwise 1150; Aluratek Libre Ebook Pro; nook
New EB1150 owner..

Hello..

I've been looking at ebook readers for a while. I just wanted something simple (I don't need wireless; I just want to read books!), something I can adjust the font size for my old(ish) eyes, and something reasonably priced. Settled on the Ebookwise 1150, and I've been extremely happy with it so far!
dblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I used my eBookwise for 3 years before I bought the Sony 500. And I only bought the Sony because it had a great deal - $50 with a new Sony/Chase credit card!

Of course once I had the Sony, I gave in and bought the 505 when I saw how much better the screen was. A friend at work and I got ours at the same time (both the eBookwise and the Sony). While I have pretty much switched to using the Sony all the time, she still uses her eBookwise most of the time.

And when I took them both (and a Cybook that I was sorry I bought within 2 days of using it) to work to show off as a demo for another co-worker interested in ebook readers, another co-worker chose to buy herself an eBookwise, too, even after seeing the eInk screens.

It's a great machine!

Congratulations on your new purchase! And welcome to mobilereads.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum, dblack. A lot of people like the EB1150. If you aren't bothered by the weight it is a lovely little device. Do check out our ebook section, where there are a fair number of books in IMP format.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dblack and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! You will find plenty to read here (click blue bar e-books above). Also lots of help with anything that you could possibly need with the EB-1150.

I love mine. Not as in "I enjoy using my device." It's an actual emotional attachment.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert