Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
HazRPG
HazRPG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Android
Making some arabic recipes... help wanted.

I've noticed a lack of arabic feeds, and only one guy so far has requested for some on the forum. However a google search has shown that there are a few people who are interested in having arabic feeds included.

So I have started making some, so far I've done one for Al-Ahram (an Egyptian news paper company).

I've uploaded my recipe to launchpad:
https://code.launchpad.net/~hazrpg/+junk/ArabicRecipes

The problem I'm having at the moment is that I can't seem to get rid of the twitter or facebook html tags.

Also, it doesn't seem to handle RTL for arabic very well. Some advice would be most welcome.

Much thanks, and keep up the good work with Calibre guys.
HazRPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Current implementations of epub readers on most of the devices do not handle RTL texts at all since they all use Adobe implementation. Untill that is resolved making recipes would not make much sense anyway.

See this thread for more details

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc...p/t-79709.html
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
HazRPG

Thanks for your reply, I did read through those posts. I did have a funny feeling that this might be the case.

Anyways, I tried compiling the recipe as epub and as pdf and both seem to render perfectly (except for the twitter link that still seems to show up). I don't think I've updated my launchpad code yet though, should really do that.

I would like to see these in Calibre if possible, since I'm sure some people would benefit (even if they can't view them directly on their readers just yet). The interest might get the eReader developers to get to work on it.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Added.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
HazRPG

kovidgoyal, your a star & a legend .

Keep up with the great work, all the users of Calibre are absolutely grateful for the time and effort you put into this project. Much thanks and I salute you.

I'll be doing more Arabic recipes in the near future.
Advert
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 AM   #7
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
to read arabic epub

would add the warm appreciation for the Calibre and to Kovid personally and say that if could read Arabic epub format - would be great. I do not want to read the pdf
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #8
HazRPG

I'm pretty sure it already does...