Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #46
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
+1 ..... My big fear is that they will love it, then I will want one... and the price goes to $150.... oh well....
I know, me too, but I'm hoping that another sale may come along or get extended.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #47
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Mine shipped today too! I wonder where it ships from? Since it's UPS, it may arrive in a day or two!

Last edited by Katelyn; 03-10-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #48
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I just got my email saying that it has shipped via UPS. I hope that the case that comes with it is not really a pouch.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 03-10-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: add
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #49
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I expect to hear reviews by Friday
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #50
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I just got my email saying that it has shipped via UPS. I hope that the case that comes with it is not really a pouch.

Ellen
If you look at the PDF manual, the case looks like a brown faux leather bifold cover, not just a pouch.

I'm eager to hear what you brave early buyers think, too. This is looking like a nice anniversary gift for my husband, who would love to have his collection of color PDF roleplaying books in pocketable form.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #51
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Here's a picture of the cover.

Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #52
JohnScarbi
JohnScarbi began at the beginning.

Device: DelStar OpenBook
I just ordered one last night. I will let you know how it works out when it comes.

The Walgreens customer service representative didn't seem to know if there was any warranty on this thing. I hope I don't get burned.

Last edited by JohnScarbi; 03-11-2010 at 08:14 AM.
JohnScarbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #53
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Katelyn,

I must have downloaded a different manual because I didn't see the photo of the cover. Hmm. I must be loosing it. I guess I'll go back to the page and look some more. Still, I am relieved about the cover. I just fon't care for the color, but it will do until I get an alternative.

Ellen
Old 03-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #54
imaredr
Collector

Ok, I went back and got another download of the manual. My first one had 22 pages and this one has 23 pages and actual photo. I feel better now.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #55
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
Just for fun I emailed both email addresses asking about the warranty. No replies in 2 days. (aol.com and delstar.net)
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #56
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
Ok, I went back and got another download of the manual. My first one had 22 pages and this one has 23 pages and actual photo. I feel better now.
Me too. Either I didn't notice that part of the page showing the included accessories, or they changed the manual. I think they probably changed the manual which means it is still a work in progress. I have to admit that as it comes with a charger, cover, earphones or whatever you call the tiny ones, and USB cable, I'm impressed that they can sell it for $99.

I've set the bar fairly low for this device due to its low price and lack of information, so if it actually works as advertised I'll be pleasantly surprised. But for that low price I think it was worth giving a try, and I'm confident it can be returned through Walgreens. In the past, I ordered an item from Walgreens online and returned it at a local Walgreens store so I didn't have to pay return shipping. I hope this reader is a keeper though. I still wish I knew more about it though, like processor, OS, etc.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #57
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
The manual says that "any firmware update made without contacting .... will void the warranty". This means that their is a warranty, but they don't say what it covers.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #58
questionfear
Connoisseur
questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.questionfear once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Ok, while I am too chicken to go ahead and order this, I am very excited to read everyone's reviews!
questionfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 AM   #59
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Me too. Either I didn't notice that part of the page showing the included accessories, or they changed the manual. I think they probably changed the manual which means it is still a work in progress. I have to admit that as it comes with a charger, cover, earphones or whatever you call the tiny ones, and USB cable, I'm impressed that they can sell it for $99.

I've set the bar fairly low for this device due to its low price and lack of information, so if it actually works as advertised I'll be pleasantly surprised. But for that low price I think it was worth giving a try, and I'm confident it can be returned through Walgreens. In the past, I ordered an item from Walgreens online and returned it at a local Walgreens store so I didn't have to pay return shipping. I hope this reader is a keeper though. I still wish I knew more about it though, like processor, OS, etc.
Wow! Check that new Avatar! (btw Jack, I'm WB0E and took my first radio exam in at the FCC office in Dallas).

I was just checking the return policy myself. I guess my biggest concern at this point is how "readable" the screen is in various lighting conditions. That's the only thing stopping me from ordering...
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #60
imaredr
Collector

I checked my tracking this morning and it hasn't updated. Has anyone seen anything past the billing received, as in actual movement of the package?

Ellen