Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #76
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
...and my KT just turned itself on about 3 minutes ago, less than 10 minutes after I had powered it off. Only noticed because the light in my room is down and so the blinking blue light was rather obvious.

They seriously need to track down this problem and excise whatever processes are staying active when powered off. There is no legitimate reason for it to EVER be able to turn itself on.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #77
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
This problem for most users was fixed with the 1.9.7 version of the firmware. You should contact Kobo Customer support so they can determine why the firmware is not working for you.

By Email
Email Kobo anytime, 24-hours a day at: help@kobobooks.com

By Phone
Kobo Help Line, United States and Canada:
1-866-204-4714
(8am - 12am EST)
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #78
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
...and my KT just turned itself on about 3 minutes ago, less than 10 minutes after I had powered it off. Only noticed because the light in my room is down and so the blinking blue light was rather obvious.
And it happened again at 7:20pm and again at 7:30pm (local time, so 10 minutes after the first time; checked its clock after each one). That it's doing so at such an even interval is very strange. (after that, I set the poweroff timer to 5 minutes 'cos, due to my wacky hours these days, I was heading to bed, so didn't see if it powered itself up anymore overnight)

EDIT: Oh, and the firmware's 1.9.10 (r32113, 08/3011), so current.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote