Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Talking a little present for the curious about PB903

I found the instruction manual - in Russian, but better than nothing.
Not too illuminating, at least for me, as it looks very similar to the 602 manual that forkosigan uploaded (at least from what I can tell from a cursory check with google translate), so e.g. it does not seem to have any explanations regarding inputing notes with the stylus - for that I guess we'll have to wait untile the object of our desires is finally in our hands
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Treo
Here is the Google translated notes section:

Quote:
Notes

Sometimes it is useful to keep the selection of the book in a separate notebook.
To create a new record in read-only mode, do the following:
1. Click a menu item shortcuts "Notes".
2. At the top of the screen bar appears to separate text. Press the "Up" and "Down, go to the top notes, and then click" OK "to assign an upper bound.
3. Similarly mark the end of the note.
4. Select notepad to save the new notes. A menu appears select: add a note to the existing notebook, or create a new one.
5. If you create a new notebook, the screen displays a keyboard. Enter a name for your new notebook / notes.
See notes can be made from the "Main Menu" (under "Notes"). Pressing the "OK" to view notes moves to a place in the book where it was made. In addition, notes can be viewed in the content of the book.
It could be that this is a generic manual which they are in the middle of customizing for the 903.
myle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
that is how it is done on the 602/902
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by myle00 View Post
It could be that this is a generic manual which they are in the middle of customizing for the 903.
Hmmm...it doubt they will finish it by end of the week.
I ordered a 903 which is said to be avail at 5.12
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
I found the instruction manual - in Russian, but better than nothing.
Not too illuminating, at least for me, as it looks very similar to the 602 manual that forkosigan uploaded (at least from what I can tell from a cursory check with google translate), so e.g. it does not seem to have any explanations regarding inputing notes with the stylus - for that I guess we'll have to wait untile the object of our desires is finally in our hands

can someone with a google account translate it ?
don't have a google account and will not create one.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #6
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
I ordered a 903 which is said to be avail at 5.12
But it would only be available on the 5th if it was shipped yesterday from China. They didn't say that the 903s are on their way so...
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
myle00
Connoisseur
myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.myle00 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
can someone with a google account translate it ?
don't have a google account and will not create one.
Here is the Google translated version, although it's text only.

Why no Google? If it's because of privacy, which is why I held off, Yahoo and anyone else are probably worse. As a big corp I don't think they can afford to screw around.

Also, why wouldn't it let me upload the file as docx?
Attached Files
File Type: doc User Guide Trans.doc (73.0 KB, 379 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here is the Google translated version, although it's text only.
great, many thanks!

Quote:
Also, why wouldn't it let me upload the file as docx?
I had the same problem!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
myle00
Connoisseur

Smile

Here is a formatted version (using google docs).
Attached Files
File Type: doc User_Guide_Pocketbook_903(EN).doc (307.0 KB, 330 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
paola
Wizard

brilliant! now, if only we had the PB903 in our hands...