Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #61
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
hello,

i got this from the amazon kindle community forum, from a user called Chief who shared an email reply to the burning question, from the kindle CS

Quote:
Orders placed before 8 p.m. Pacific Time on August 1st will still ship by the August 27th release date.
Orders placed before 10 p.m. Pacific Time on August 5th will ship on or before September 4th.
Orders placed before 12 p.m. Pacific Time on August 12th will ship on or before September 8th.
Orders placed after 12 p.m. Pacific Time on August 12th will ship on or before September 12th.
actually, i saw the same data twice there so i'm hoping it;s true.
i ordered mine on August 5 but thankfully before US Pacific time. no email as of yet.
fingers crossed!
If that's true, mine should ship on the 12th of September. It was ordered on August 7th.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:58 AM   #62
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Just check my outstanding orders. No shipping date for the K3 yet, but my extended warranty for the K3 has a delivery estimate of August 26, 2010 - August 31, 2010.

Interesting.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #63
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
hmm, i've just checked my invoice and i don't see any "import fee deposit" added to my subtotal?

and i'm not from the US.

can anyone help: what is "import fee deposit"?
and if i don't have it does that mean that there's something wrong with the order?

thanks!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The import fee deposit is Amazon's guess at how much the local taxes, the courier's processing fees, etc, are going to be. They charge you this amount up-front as a part of your order. It probably won't be exactly right, so you'll generally get a small refund or a small extra charge after you've received your order.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #65
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The import fee deposit is Amazon's guess at how much the local taxes, the courier's processing fees, etc, are going to be. They charge you this amount up-front as a part of your order. It probably won't be exactly right, so you'll generally get a small refund or a small extra charge after you've received your order.
thanks for the explanation.
but if i don't have it does it mean that i've ordered -- horror! -- from the wrong kindle page (i didn't go to that for my specific country but i ordered from the general one)

update: i've now done a mock "pre-order" on amazon for a kindle from my country's page and it still didn't show any "import fee deposit" so... fingers crossed

Last edited by TenaciousBadger; 08-22-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 12:06 PM   #66
TotallyEpic
Enthusiast
TotallyEpic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G + Wifi
I'm pretty sure the import fee deposit is optional, just to save any trouble with customs.
TotallyEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #67
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Not optional it was added on automatically on my orders.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #68
marcosv
marcosv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 1, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrial View Post
I supposed you checked the "send seperately"?
I also ordered on the day they announced kindle3 but I wanted them to be sent together and there's no new detail on the delivery date of the kindle3 but the case says 31st aug.
Actually I got Amazon Prime and so things always ship separately. If the K3 was to ship very late, getting the case two to three weeks before the reader itself arrives could be a negative --- IIRC you only got 30 days to return things and I'd enough time to see if this very expensive case with light fits my needs.
marcosv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #69
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I also selected "one shipment" but Amazon frequently parses orders into separate shipments. I'm fully expecting the lighted cover to arrive a week or so ahead of the Kindle 3. Whatever. I am happy for Amazon to save it's delivery costs and ship together, but that's their decision.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:00 AM   #70
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Tenacious Badger, are you from Australia? Many countries like Australia, dont pay import tax.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:49 AM   #71
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet
There is a list of countries for which import fees are automatically calculated. Unfortunately, I can't find that link..
digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:38 AM   #72
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Tenacious Badger, are you from Australia? Many countries like Australia, dont pay import tax.
i wish! nope, i'm not. and i've just found out my import tax it's a doozie!
i'll be all stressed out until "it" gets here!
still no email on shipping.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #73
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Still nothing on the ship date for the Kindle 3s! The tension....kills..... me....
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #74
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I dont understand all the angst about shipping. Even if they stick to a delivery date of 27th (I reckon they will start shipping then, not deliver) then nothing will happen until Wednesday.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #75
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
I dont understand all the angst about shipping. Even if they stick to a delivery date of 27th (I reckon they will start shipping then, not deliver) then nothing will happen until Wednesday.
The Internet wouldn't be the Internet without angst for no reason.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote