Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #91
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
The Lux is now being sold in Europe, at €139, the same price of the non lit touch: weird?

http://www.pocketbook-readers.de/index.php?cPath=1

google translate let me down, but I think they say they'll deliver in a week.
I thought it would be the colour E-Ink device, but it looks like they're using "Lux" for the new front-lit Touch, as well. It makes sense ("Lux" == light), but I was surprized because I saw references to the "Touch 2" before.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #92
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I thought it would be the colour E-Ink device, but it looks like they're using "Lux" for the new front-lit Touch, as well. It makes sense ("Lux" == light), but I was surprized because I saw references to the "Touch 2" before.
yes, I saw it as "Touch II" too - at any rate, now in preorder in Italy at €129, so cheaper than in Germany. If the HD screen is as sharp as the Aura HD seems to be, I'd be very tempted, though the Touch seems a bit too big (11,5 x 17,5 x 0,95 cm), though especially has compared to the Glo (11.4 x 15.7 x 1 cm), or even the Aura (17.6 x 12.8 x 1.17 mm) considering it has a larger screen.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #93
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The Aura has a 1440x1080 screen (265 dpi), while the Touch 2 is 1024x768 (212 dpi). So, the latter won't be as good for antialiased text such as you see in PDF files. In a way, I'm sad that the Aura came out when it did, because it has kind of spoiled all the other devices for me.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #94
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
In a way, I'm sad that the Aura came out when it did, because it has kind of spoiled all the other devices for me.
I thinks that makes it two of us... Having said that, the pdf viewer by Kobo is vastly inferior to Pocketbook - on the Mini, this makes pdf basically unreadable (whereas I could read anything in landscape on my PB360), and even if the file is legible clearly on the Aura, you still won't be able to take notes or look up words in the dictionary. This is not good!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:51 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Has a shipping date for the colour device been announced yet?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #96
hoboslobobabe
hoboslobobabe began at the beginning.

Device: who knows
I havent heard of any shipping date.
Recently the device has been added to german PB website, not the shop, that's about it.
At least they could supply some reviewers with it, so there's something there to watch .
There are 3 or 4 clips I know of so far, they hardly show anything really.
Still waiting here!
hoboslobobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #97
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by domani7 View Post
This is a really silly tangent. A lot of languages just will not have the exact translation for terms and perhaps they'll use words that are less technically accurate but more understandable to the people, as opposed to google translate. I'm russian and "podsvietkom" to me just sounds like "with light". Really that's all it means to me. Couldn't tell you how to accurately say "frontlight" or "underlight" or "backlight" or "sidelight" or "overlight" or "abovelight". See how silly this is?
The same for me. We only have "backlight" or "underlight" to describe an ereader with light (I'm not Russian). I kept my mouth shut but it really rubbed me the wrong way when non English newbies were asking for ereader with "backlight" due to 1) not having another word in their language 2) not really being aware of the difference - only to be told from a high horse by English speaking natives that backlit ereaders don't exist. I almost, almost posted to that person talking down to a newbie but then I gave up. Please, not everyone here has English as mother tongue.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #98
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboslobobabe View Post
I havent heard of any shipping date.
Recently the device has been added to german PB website, not the shop, that's about it.
At least they could supply some reviewers with it, so there's something there to watch .
There are 3 or 4 clips I know of so far, they hardly show anything really.
Still waiting here!
Are you aware that there is a PB subforum on MobileRead?
There is a thread on this model, as there are a couple of members that have this device already.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #99
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
That's a different model, Sil_liS.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:04 PM   #100
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
That's a different model, Sil_liS.
Oh, right. Thanks for the correction.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #101
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
I'm very curious after this color lux as well, and will probably buy it as long as it doesn't prove to be a lemon in the first two weeks of its appearance.

My PB302 (!) is still going strong, I can read all my books on it. That one I'll probably pass on to my children.

I like the 8" format, and would like to read some magazines on it and otherwise just enjoy the larger screen.
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #102
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
The same for me. We only have "backlight" or "underlight" to describe an ereader with light (I'm not Russian). I kept my mouth shut but it really rubbed me the wrong way when non English newbies were asking for ereader with "backlight" due to 1) not having another word in their language 2) not really being aware of the difference - only to be told from a high horse by English speaking natives that backlit ereaders don't exist. I almost, almost posted to that person talking down to a newbie but then I gave up. Please, not everyone here has English as mother tongue.
Are you complaining about the correction, or about the way it was done?

If you're complaining about the way, fair enough. There are polite and impolite ways to do it.

If you're saying the correction shouldn't be made at all, then...uh...no...this is English we're using here, and we DO have different words that mean different things for the different types of lighting. Just as if we were speaking a language where there was only one word, it would be proper to inform a native English speaker of that fact if they weren't aware of it.

Learning is good.

Last edited by ApK; 06-14-2013 at 02:09 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #103
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Are you complaining about the correction, or about the way it was done?

If you're complaining about the way, fair enough. There are polite and impolite ways to do it.

If you're saying the correction shouldn't be made at all, then...uh...no...this is English we're using here, and we DO have different words that mean different things for the different types of lighting. Just as if we were speaking a language where there was only one word, it would be proper to inform a native English speaker of that fact if they weren't aware of it.

Learning is good.
I strictly meant how it was done. It sounded like "go educate yourself because what you're asking for doesn't exist" (neither polite nor helpful I find) I actually took this opportunity here and now, without pointing fingers at particular person, to state the fact that non English newbies mean the same thing but for a lack of equvalent word will use direct translation from their language. It is a cultural and linguistic difference. And I would not expect a newbie to be able to inform an English native a particular word doesn't exist if their English skills are already lacking.

Anyway all I am asking, not complaining, in the name of present and future newbies, is for native English speakers to consider and remember that some languages don't have the equivalent of "fronlit". You will be asked in future ad nauseam about "backlit ereader" when in fact what they mean is as described by a poster above "ereader with light". And no they won't mean tablets.
Just my 3 eurocents.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote