Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
pamay
pamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle with wifi
Lost USB cable

Cant find the usb cable for my Kindle 4 - is it a standard I can buy at any shop or do I have to place a special order
pamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamay View Post
Cant find the usb cable for my Kindle 4 - is it a standard I can buy at any shop or do I have to place a special order
Any microUSB to USB cord will work. I use my cell phones' on my K4.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
pamay
pamay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle with wifi
Thanks
pamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
holgalee
Kindle Newbie
holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.holgalee has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & PW
I use a retractable micro USB cable for my K3. It keeps the trailing mess of wire to a minimum, though it may be a little fragile and you should be puuling gently by grabbing both ends, rather than the wire itself. I believe some other devices, such as portable disk drives or cameras may have micro USB cables that are shorter than the one that Kindle provided.
holgalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
Zikka
Zikka began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Any kind of USB cable that will fit in the charger will work. I currently use my HTC charger with the Kindle USB cable in to charge my kindle and phone from the mains, and my HTC microUSB cable to charge/synch it with the PC, and have absolutely no problems with it.

I love that the microUSB type is becoming increasingly popular...it seems every type of new gadget thats out is using this as standard, so I've ended up with a glut of spare cables of varying lengths just in case any of the others break/are lost
Zikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
mu0chn
mu0chn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Nokia USB lead fit's as well.

Jes
mu0chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
And just remember : never put your k3 cable in your mouth. It's far worse when it's new. That taste... acid knives.

Sometimes you run out of hands
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #8
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
And just remember : never put your k3 cable in your mouth. It's far worse when it's new. That taste... acid knives.

Sometimes you run out of hands
That is only 5 volts. A fresh 9 volt battery tastes worse!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Nah, the plastic itself... it has... a certain tang to it
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
Nah, the plastic itself... it has... a certain tang to it
I suppose that depends on who handled it last and how well they washed their hands after handling something tangy.

The taste and smell of the plastic depends on the plastic itself and anything it may be coated with, which may vary between manufacturers.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote