Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Where's My Time Machine???!!!

I want a time-machine, right now, so I don't have to wait through the gruelling hours until my Sony PRS-505 arrives in the morning. How dare science not invent a time-machine so I can cut out all the waiting and have the PRS-505 in my hands right now.

I guess what I'm really saying is, why can't it be tomorrow already?!!!

*Like a kid the night before christmas*
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This looks like a job for Montsmag Enterprises LLC.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
If you think this wait is bad, wait till it arrives and you have to wait till it charges up. About the longest couple of hours I have ever experienced.

Be sure and let us know when it does get there and how you like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
If you think this wait is bad, wait till it arrives and you have to wait till it charges up. About the longest couple of hours I have ever experienced.

Be sure and let us know when it does get there and how you like it
Damn! I forgot about the charging That's it I'll have to walk up to the biggest tough guy in the neighbourhood, insult his football team, and have him knock me unconscious for those four hours. There is no other way out for me!!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yes, in fact, that is recommended in the manual for you to do while waiting for the charge.

(It will probably have some charge on it already, so that you can go ahead and get a dose right away.)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Damn! I forgot about the charging That's it I'll have to walk up to the biggest tough guy in the neighbourhood, insult his football team, and have him knock me unconscious for those four hours. There is no other way out for me!!
Knock-out help is on the way....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aG-Muskelmann1.gif
Views:	265
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	26327  
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Knock-out help is on the way....
I think I may go into a coma just by looking at that picture

t-minus 12 hours and counting (if they come between 7-8am)
Old 03-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #8
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
I think I may go into a coma just by looking at that picture

t-minus 12 hours and counting (if they come between 7-8am)
I don´t want to unsettle you, but 7-8 am is pretty early, isn´t it? My postman usually doesn´t show up before noon....
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Time travel in that direction is easy. Just accelerate to very near the speed of light and you'll be at tomorrow morning in just a few minutes.

Quote:
I want a time-machine, right now, so I don't have to wait through the gruelling hours until my Sony PRS-505 arrives in the morning. How dare science not invent a time-machine so I can cut out all the waiting and have the PRS-505 in my hands right now.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I don´t want to unsettle you, but 7-8 am is pretty early, isn´t it? My postman usually doesn´t show up before noon....
Recorded delivery, so no postmen or women involved. If I had to rely on them it would be nearer 1pm

Now all I need is to somehow find myself a DeLorean and go forward a few hours. Where art thou Dr Emmet Brown? (I won't need light speed if I have a DeLorean )
Old 03-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
You should have ordered it a day earlier then... You'd have had it by now!

You see, it would have made more sense if you'd use that time machine to go backwards in time, so, by the time you're back home, your order arrived (no sense in skipping valuable time!)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 AM   #12
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Talking The three hats method

Quote:
Well, then, there's the three hats method?
You get a hat, a good armchair & enough good whisky (spirit can be chosen according to taste; I'll have a plum brandy from Auvergne, if it's OK w/ you); you consume latter until you see three hats; turn off the light, and your Sony should be there when you (painfully) open your eyes
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #13
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Trouble is, you might pick a Bengals fan and then you'd have a sobbing, macho gorilla on your hands telling you just how right you are and then you'd have to endure that along with the wait.

Pardon me, now I have to go sit quitely in a corner and sob.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote