Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #226
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayNM View Post
atango
I'm sorry, but there is no SDK for new generation of PB readers. So I can do nothing but wait for it.
We will publish it before March
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #227
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
mtravellerh
Ok. I'll wait.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #228
deferredreward
Enthusiast
deferredreward began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, former: PocketBook 360
Can't turn pages

Hi, this seems like a good place to ask this: I'm having trouble with my version of FB180. I searched through this thread and found the latest version I believe & it sort of works. It will turn a page on rotate (if I have it set for 180+pageturn, not on 360 how I'd like it), but I can't seem to get it to turn a page by turning my wrist in any sort of way. Also, the green light at the top seems to be staying on a lot. I'm running 15.3 firmware. Thank you!
deferredreward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #229
GrayNM
flat square cat
GrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheeseGrayNM can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360
FBReader180 0.10.0 for PB 60x/90x only

Good news. Several days ago I've received a present from PocketBook - PB602 Pro.
Many thanks for it!

Today I made build of FBReader180 for PB 60x/90x (at least I think it should work on 90x).
It's just a test version because there is no official SDK.
I've used custom toolchain from sergeyvl. Thanks to him.

So some features may not work or may work improperly.
Please, be ready for this.

This version has the same features as 0.9.2. It's just adapted for new firmware.
It's here: 0.10.0.
GrayNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #230
atango
Enthusiast
atango began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902pro
@GrayNM
Thank you!
I just installed it on my PB902 and it works. I can turn page with my wrist move.
Good work!
However, I found that the menu in FBreader is mapped incorrectly.
For instance, I click dictionary, it actually activate configuration menu.
A few of menu crash and doesn't work.
atango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 AM   #231
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Good news. Several days ago I've received a present from PocketBook - PB602 Pro.
Many thanks for it!
Thank you PocketBook.

This is the way to go.

I am happy to see that PocketBook continues to support developers. I think that this is excellent Public Relations move.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #232
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
THX a lot.
Works quite fine, although sometimes it turns more than one page using "180°+fast forward", and then its quite difficult to switch back to the previous page by using the buttons, because it always turns back to the page set by wrist turn.
Furthermore I would appreciate a short manual how to use all the features in the Cofig-Menu
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #233
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Many thanks for it!

Today I made build of FBReader180 for PB 60x/90x (at least I think it should work on 90x).
It's just a test version because there is no official SDK.
I've used custom toolchain from sergeyvl. Thanks to him.

So some features may not work or may work improperly.
Please, be ready for this.

This version has the same features as 0.9.2. It's just adapted for new firmware.
It's here: 0.10.0.
first of all, many thanks for this version!

Just to make sure I do not do something silly, a very basic question - the "readme" file states:
Quote:
Copy folder 'system' to your PocketBook`s internal memory
surely I do not have to over-write the existing "system" folder, right, as it contains a lot of stuff - so where exactly should I copy the files? Am I supposed to copy the subdirectories in the FBReader180\system folder as subdirectories of the \system folder in my PB903? Sorry for being slow!

Many thanks!

Last edited by paola; 01-21-2011 at 03:52 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:49 AM   #234
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok, sorry, done my homework now, so just to recap:

1) Renamed fbreader.app to fbreader180.app;
2) copied this file into system/bin on PB903;
3) copied the /share subforder into the system folder on PB903.
4) renamed "extensions2.cfg" as "extensions.cfg", which I have copied to the system/config folder on PB903

Noticed one thing - the cfg file gives only adobe and fbreader as readers (so I added fbreader180 in the cfg file).

Problem: However, there is a problem: when I select "settings" in the quick menu from e.g. an epub file, I get thrown out (back to the library): can anyone please help?

Last edited by paola; 01-22-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #235
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Yes, look at post 230, please. The menu is mapped incorrectly. I don't have this FBReader anymore but i think "settings" was somewhere on the down left side in the menu. Maybe bookmarks, i don't rememeber.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #236
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
Yes, look at post 230, please. The menu is mapped incorrectly. I don't have this FBReader anymore but i think "settings" was somewhere on the down left side in the menu. Maybe bookmarks, i don't rememeber.
ah, yes you are right, itis mapped incorrectly - should have done my hoemwork better, thanks!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #237
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
THX a lot.
Works quite fine, although sometimes it turns more than one page using "180°+fast forward", and then its quite difficult to switch back to the previous page by using the buttons, because it always turns back to the page set by wrist turn.
Furthermore I would appreciate a short manual how to use all the features in the Cofig-Menu
Hi again and thanks again.
After some days of trying I worked it out for myself, the problem with multiple pageturn was because I set the angle to 20°. Now with 30° it works nearly perfect, and the problem of turning back pages is solved by pressing the button for a moment longer.
But there is one minor bug I found out now. Each time I recover the reader from automatic keylock it has turned two pages forward.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #238
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
sorry tom, do you mind me asking why you no longer use it?
I cannot seem to be able to make it work very smoothly (sometiems it does turn the pages, sometimes it does not), and i am sure it must be me, but I have to say that with a device this size the "wrist turn" does not really feel that comfortable: was this an issue for you?
Old 01-23-2011, 04:21 PM   #239
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
I have to say that with a device this size the "wrist turn" does not really feel that comfortable: was this an issue for you?
Hi Paola,
I have to fully agree with you. I didn't find it really easier to tilt the device compared to a quick button press. I adapted my extensions.cfg file to always use the original fbreader but have the 180 as the second options. However, there are situations where the 180 reader is more advanced than the original one. I noticed this with rtf files. I have a lot of rtf files (which I found personally was the easiest file format to use on my sony prs 505) but the original fbreader can't open any rtf files I have on the device but since the 180 can open them I use that version on those files. Like you, i find the appraised wrist page turn not that sensible on the large devices.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:37 PM   #240
troll05
Harmless idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
sorry tom, do you mind me asking why you no longer use it?
I cannot seem to be able to make it work very smoothly (sometiems it does turn the pages, sometimes it does not), and i am sure it must be me, but I have to say that with a device this size the "wrist turn" does not really feel that comfortable: was this an issue for you?
Hi,
have you tried calibrating the G-Sensor in the configuration menu? That was the first thing I had to do, and hafter having several problems with turning pages (none or three at once) I found out the smallest turning angle that works is 30°. Now it works nearly perfect, but as grayNM says it is developed for the 600 series, maybe there are differences...