Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Kindle now $189!

Barnes and Noble started a price war this morning, when they dropped the price of the nook to $199 and announced a new, wireless only (no 3G cellular), nook to be priced at $149. The response was swift, as Amazon has just announced a new $189.00 price on the Kindle with global wireless. Currently in stock (and now cheaper than a refurbished unit), I'd expect a lot of orders on them at this price.

If you recently purchased (within the last 30 days), I'd contact Kindle Customer Service to see if you can get a credit on your account, as they have done this in the past after price drops on the Kindle. That avoids having to deal with the hassle of a return and re-order.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Glad to see the price finally dropped
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
OMG. That changes everything. Kobo is in a lot of trouble now.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Hmmm... I bought mine on May 22. that's cutting it close for a price match!

Last edited by Pickering; 06-21-2010 at 07:50 PM.
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They are definitely matching the last 30 days. Beyond that it may depend on who you talk to (after all, you could return after 30 days for a partial refund and probably still come out ahead).
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
If I didn't already have one, this would be a good time. $189 for a Kindle 2 is a steal compared to the original price. Well worth it.
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
oksahmof2
oksahmof2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Now the refurbished price is only $139.99! Now that puts it in my budget!
oksahmof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

I may have to return my Kobo and buy another Kindle. I've been looking at a case, but it only fits the K2, not my original Kindle.....
Old 06-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
I reckon it might be time to consider an upgrade from my original Kindle. But with my recently acquired iPad perhaps that is a tad excessive on the ereader front.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #10
burghguy
burghguy began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK
If you paid 259...

I bought one a few weeks ago and paid more (259) and got the free 50 dollar gift card. call the 1800 number with your reciept info and you will get a 10 dollar credit card refund, which evens out the price. They tried to get me to accept a 10 dollar gift card, but I said I didn't want it. They tried to tell me that b/c I hadn't used the gift card within 14 days of purchase that would not do anything. I threatened to return it and by and Kindle and they gave me the money.

I would actually add that NO ONE SHOULD PURCHASE A NOOK. A few weeks prior they pulled the same thing, by adding the 50 dollar gift card to the 259 price. If you do buy it, make sure to get a GIFT RECIEPT which extends the return policy to 30 days.

As far as I'm concerned companies that pull this stuff (i.e. apple as well) should be boycotted until they make restitution
burghguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #11
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
What on earth does this have to do with the Kindle?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Dear Members:

For a more robust discussion of this topic, please also see our News Forum located here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87838

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
$189 is a great price. I would be tempted, however, all of my $$ will be going away at my furry darlings yearly appointment on Tuesday. ($65 each for the vaccinations, then Advantage for a few months at $14.25 a dose - yeah, broke is in my immediate future.)
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #14
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Where did you find the 139 refurb? Warehouse Deals has them for 179 IIRC.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:29 AM   #15
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
OMG. That changes everything. Kobo is in a lot of trouble now.
Not for me. I'd still rather have a Kobo. I don't like the Kindle design at all.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote