Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Interesting statistic ...

I was listening to last weekend's broadcasts by Leo Laporte (who is generally known as the "Tech Guy" on US radio.

Anyway, Leo said that he loves his Kindle (I), but that wasn't the interesting statistic. He noted that the NY Times would save more than 1/2 of their operating budget in the first year if they (are you ready for this??) gave away free Kindles to all of their subscribers and moved all their subscriptions over to the Kindle.

They would save much more than that in the second year. Something like $647,000 dollars is spent by the NY Times every year for ink and paper.

I heard that and my head damn near split open.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
That has already been mentioned here. It's not true, exactly.

The Kindle editions of newspapers don't include advertisements. The subscription you pay covers material and delivery. The content is paid for by the ads.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
It was first noticed in this thread (now 16 days old: pay attention, Ricky! You are clearly not spending enough time here):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37659

But I wonder whether Leo Laporte got his information here...
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It was first noticed in this thread (now 16 days old: pay attention, Ricky! You are clearly not spending enough time here):

I read about before I saw it here. The original article came up on my Google Reader, so Leo may have as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

I haven't been able to spend my time anywhere except for getting exhibits ready for the evil developer depo.

It's lots of work.

To be honest, I only read those posts that look to be interesting to me these days (and that post must not have made the cut).
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I was only teasing, Ricky. Good luck with the campaign.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I haven't been able to spend my time anywhere except for getting exhibits ready for the evil developer depo.

It's lots of work.

To be honest, I only read those posts that look to be interesting to me these days (and that post must not have made the cut).
I think you and my mom would be good friends. She's spends all day every day fighting the local dump. She's in court constantly.

I tell her she's like Erin Brockovich, but more annoying (we get a little sick of hearing about it in the house. I'm a bad daughter).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think you and my mom would be good friends. She's spends all day every day fighting the local dump. She's in court constantly.

I tell her she's like Erin Brockovich, but more annoying (we get a little sick of hearing about it in the house. I'm a bad daughter).
Well, it's only my cats and those hardy few who read my blog who get to hear about this fight.

Next three days will be pretty booked up.